Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 03:47 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
As I said before, go after the people hiring them. Those people are thrilled to have illegals working for them and are content that you blame the illegals and not them. All it takes to go after them is a little willingness and some backbone from our government.
There are many Americans that are collecting unemployment when they could be actually working (and some of those recieving free healthcare too). Some of those Americans make more on unemployment $ than if they were working. The "illegals" are working and not taking unemployment $.
It is a debacle.

IF an employer can't find an American to work for them for a low wage (because some are sitting at home collecting unemloyment)--I guess they hire illegals to do the job.

It is all kind of messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 05:02 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,963 times
Quote:
I don't get it. Why don't the cities of New York, Denver, and Chicago was it?, just give the illegals a good meal and bus them straight back to Texas?
Seriously Texas has so many illegal immigrants and people are complaining about 200. Every state should have to shoulder the burden ….President Biden is allowing with illegal immigration, not just Texas. Texas isn't allowed to close its own border. I am proud of Gov Abbott for showing other states what its like to live with an an invasion of immigrants, and we have no choice.

Old 01-07-2024, 06:48 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
S...and we have no choice.
Of course we have choices.
What we don't have is the willingness to make the rather obvious tough choices needed.

Old 01-07-2024, 09:25 AM

27,185 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That’s the Left to a tee. Always. Never changes. Sadly, plenty of fools believe them.

For example, they scream that Trump is a fascist but their Democrats practice more fascism in one day then Trump will ever do in 1000 years.
Documented examples please..

I'll get the popcorn started.

Old 01-07-2024, 09:31 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,932,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
Seriously Texas has so many illegal immigrants and people are complaining about 200. Every state should have to shoulder the burden ….President Biden is allowing with illegal immigration, not just Texas. Texas isn't allowed to close its own border. I am proud of Gov Abbott for showing other states what its like to live with an an invasion of immigrants, and we have no choice.
200 is the number the hotel group gives, but do you actually believe NYC will stop transporting illegal immigrants to Harford County at that number? Adams has tried to ship illegal imigrants to other parts of NY State as well as other states. So, the hotel group is nothing more than a subterfuge, acting as an agent of NYC.

FYI, the State of Maryland probably has more than 500,000 illegal immigrants residing in the State with the majority living and working in the 2 counties bordering on DC. And there are probably 1 million living and working in the greater DMV area. We've shouldered more than our fair share of the burden, relative to the total population.

With respect to border enforcement, President Biden has been a no show, a total failure, and is more interested in securing the borders of Ukraine and Israel than the US. For that reason alone, I don't know anyone, myself included, who'll be voting for him in 2024.

Old 01-07-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
It's kind of like all of the low wage American workers. Places like Walmart are not "on the hook" for feeding and clothing them are they, even though they don't pay a living wage. Why? That's because we tax payers pay to feed and cloth them with Section 8 rental assistance and SNAP food stamps, which let's Walmart and other low-wage paying corporations off the hook.

Whay shouldn't the tax payers pay for these illegal immigrants too? We are paying for them, and we will continue to do so, unfortunately.
https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-I...nts-and-USBorn

Quote:
Welfare Use by Immigrants and the U.S.-Born

By Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler on December 19, 2023

This report is based on newly released data from the 2022 Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). Analysis of this data shows both immigrants and the U.S.-born make extensive use of means-tested anti-poverty programs, with immigrant households significantly more likely to receive benefits. This is primarily because the American welfare system is designed in large part to help low-income families with children, which describes a large share of immigrants. The ability of immigrants, including illegal immigrants, to receive welfare benefits on behalf of U.S.-born citizen children is a key reason why restrictions on welfare use for new legal immigrants, and illegal immigrants, are relatively ineffective.

Among the findings:
  • The 2022 SIPP indicates that 54 percent of households headed by immigrants — naturalized citizens, legal residents, and illegal immigrants — used one or more major welfare program. This compares to 39 percent for U.S.-born households.

• The rate is 59 percent for non-citizen households (e.g. green card holders and illegal immigrants).

Old 01-08-2024, 12:47 PM

188 posts, read 153,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
With respect to border enforcement, President Biden has been a no show, a total failure, and is more interested in securing the borders of Ukraine and Israel than the US. For that reason alone, I don't know anyone, myself included, who'll be voting for him in 2024.
So, who are you voting for instead? The oath-breaking traitor who already had four years to try, and FAILED to "build the wall" or attempt any other measures that might *actually* work to stem illegal immigration?

I don't want to hear another word from the mouth of another MAGAt on the "invasion" at the border until I hear them publicly pressure their cult leader and all of his GQP enablers to lean on all their wealthy, business-owning friends to start cracking down on the "look-the-other-way" hiring of cheap, unable-to-complain illegal immigrant labor.

Gotta love how certain folks salivate like Pavlov's dogs at the mere mention of "SUPPLY AND DEMAND!" or "FREE MARKET CAPITALISM" . . . until those concepts bite them in the rear end. All of those people who are giving up everything they have, risking death, and willingly suffering unimaginable physical hardship, to try to get into this country? They would not be trying to come here IF THEY KNEW THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO WORK HERE. If business shuts off the tap of jobs, the flow of illegal immigrants seeking those jobs will (eventually) slow to a relative mere trickle.

But, noooo, we can't ask the GQP to do THAT. Heaven forfend!!! Those Mar-A-Lago bushes aren't going to trim themselves; those hot roof shingles aren't going to replace themselves; those strawberries aren't going to pick themselves. And American citizens are not going to do those jobs at the wages that American businesses can get away with paying the illegal immigrants. And American consumers, amid all of their 'MURICA!!!! huffing and puffing and flag-waving, will scream like thwarted toddlers at the idea of having to pay more for goods and services that are provided at the going labor rate of legal American workers.

Old 01-08-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmmcubed View Post
So, who are you voting for instead? The oath-breaking traitor who already had four years to try, and FAILED to "build the wall" or attempt any other measures that might *actually* work to stem illegal immigration?

I don't want to hear another word from the mouth of another MAGAt on the "invasion" at the border until I hear them publicly pressure their cult leader and all of his GQP enablers to lean on all their wealthy, business-owning friends to start cracking down on the "look-the-other-way" hiring of cheap, unable-to-complain illegal immigrant labor.

Gotta love how certain folks salivate like Pavlov's dogs at the mere mention of "SUPPLY AND DEMAND!" or "FREE MARKET CAPITALISM" . . . until those concepts bite them in the rear end. All of those people who are giving up everything they have, risking death, and willingly suffering unimaginable physical hardship, to try to get into this country? They would not be trying to come here IF THEY KNEW THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO WORK HERE. If business shuts off the tap of jobs, the flow of illegal immigrants seeking those jobs will (eventually) slow to a relative mere trickle.

But, noooo, we can't ask the GQP to do THAT. Heaven forfend!!! Those Mar-A-Lago bushes aren't going to trim themselves; those hot roof shingles aren't going to replace themselves; those strawberries aren't going to pick themselves. And American citizens are not going to do those jobs at the wages that American businesses can get away with paying the illegal immigrants. And American consumers, amid all of their 'MURICA!!!! huffing and puffing and flag-waving, will scream like thwarted toddlers at the idea of having to pay more for goods and services that are provided at the going labor rate of legal American workers.
Of course, Trump's Wall was bound to fail, because illegal immigration has its enablers in both political parties. That’s always been the case. The Democrats need new, ethnic voter blocks, and the Republicans want to crush organized labor. And both political parties are funded and controlled by a relatively small group of influential, wealthy donors (with narrow interests) who have dictated to the American people who they deem as acceptable presidential candidates. They lay down the laws and public policies through their surrogates. For all intents and purposes, the presidential election process has become nothing more than an illusion of the practice of democracy in action. Just ask RFK, Jr., Marianne Williamson, Dean Phillips and Cenk Uygur.

Old 01-24-2024, 04:05 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,101,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
How many virtue signalling Leftists would board any of these illegals in their own homes if they had a spare room?
I have a friend that is all about letting illegal aliens in. She hates Trump and worships the ground that Biden walks on. She lives in Massachusetts. After the Mass governor came out and asked for private citizens to host some of these people in their own homes, I asked my friend if she would be hosting some of these illegal aliens in her home. Her answer was absolutely not.

A classic case of NIMH (not in my house, but yours is fine.

Old 01-24-2024, 04:56 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
As I said before, go after the people hiring them.
I agree. But so far all those Republican campaign contributors and their 2A buddies have done a pretty thorough job
of NOT addressing the root language required to actually apply common sense to EITHER problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland