Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 08:22 AM

5 posts, read 16,797 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Milford next month & wanted to know what type of area it is & types of things to do. I see the crime rate was low but is it still that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2006, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,927 times
Default Welcome

Hi,
I live near Milford, in Medfield. I've been there a few times, and I believe Millis is a very nice place. The surrounding area is lovely, too. What part of the country are you moving from? And what kinds of things do you like to do?

Jim

Old 04-29-2006, 10:23 AM

Default Milford

I am moving from Pennsylvania. I like to see historical things, scenery, beaches; pretty much anything

Old 07-25-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Milford

Thanks for all the helpful information! I only live 3 miles away from where I'm working, so that is nice. It was a hassle to drive to the Cape so I did go to Newport the next weekend & did the cliffwalk! Very pretty! Thanks again

Old 07-25-2006, 07:16 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,709,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerolyn
I will be moving to Milford next month & wanted to know what type of area it is & types of things to do. I see the crime rate was low but is it still that way?
First you need to belong to the Red Sox Nation!

enjoy!

judy

Old 07-27-2006, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,948 times
If you want to know the weather for Milford (and all Southern New England) check here: http://www.pdfamily.com/weather/index.html
I run it as a not-for-profit FREE community service as a hobby. It features Radar, Lightning detection, UV & Solar with 3 live cams (street cam & 2 sky cams), mesomaps, data archives, snow logs, links and more! It is a great weather resource for Massachusetts!

Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 AM

33 posts, read 134,057 times
I was born in Milford and spent a good few years there. As was mentioned previously it has it's good side and bad. It really all depends on what part of town you're in. I think it's fairly convenient to get to just about anything. I used to spend a lot of time in Providence actually since that was closer than Boston. Providence has been cleaned up quite a bit in recent years and there are some great restaurants/bars/entertainment there. I hope you enjoy MA!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:32 AM

4 posts, read 11,568 times
I moved out of Milford last month and can tell you that the downtown area is attracting many immigrants of Centeral American and Brazilian decent.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:22 PM

Thanks everyone for responding! Yes JonnyReb yoou are SO right about that! Why did they decide to live in Milford? Yes I do like the Red Sox! Tim Wakefield is my favorite player! He used to play for my other favorite team the Pirates.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:56 PM

29 posts, read 139,083 times
ive lived in milford for the last 13 years or so. theres good and bad, its seen a lot of improvements, and its close to 495 so you can go other places, boston, providence, etc.
i commuted to boston from milford for a short time, but that was killing me slowly.

its pretty safe i think... there ARE lots of brasilian and central american immigrants who seem to have taken over our downtown area... just the other day i was driving with my mother and we were pointing out, literally every other building is a brasilian restaurant, bakery, church, salon, travel agent, etc etc.

i work at the hospital there, and i think highly of it.... i think it has a "reputation" from years back but things have changed dramatically, and it has been one of the top 100 hospitals (in the US) in recent years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts