Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:18 AM

161 posts, read 231,614 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have feedback on the following summer camps?

Summer Fenn Day Camp (Concord) Summer Fenn Day Camp

Concord Academy (Concord) Concord Academy: Summer Camp

Sewataro (Sudbury) Day Camp Massachusetts - Boston, Bolton, Concord, Wellesley & More

We sent our kids to Thoreau (Concord) http://campthoreau.com/ in the past, and they loved it. But I'm wondering if we should mix it up this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 07:44 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,831,331 times
I haven't sent my kids to any of those, but they do enjoy it when we mix it up. We generally send them to a couple weeks of tennis camp, a few weeks of academics (College Gate, NE aquarium, etc.) and then the rest of summer we just send them to Sudbury's town camp which is about half the price of those specialty camps.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:43 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,062,038 times
My brother and I both went to Sewataro but that was about 35 years ago. In high school, I had friends who worked there during the summer and a friend's dad was the fishing counselor there for decades. I've always felt that it's a well run camp with a variety of things to do.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:09 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,831,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
My brother and I both went to Sewataro but that was about 35 years ago. In high school, I had friends who worked there during the summer and a friend's dad was the fishing counselor there for decades. I've always felt that it's a well run camp with a variety of things to do.
I've talked to about a dozen people who sent their kids to Sewataro and the only complaint I've heard was price. Nearly $3k for a 4-week session and that doesn't even include extended day. You can get the same experience at the YMCA Hopkinton for half the price. It's run by YMCA Framingham, but it's separate from their Framingham day camp.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:20 PM

161 posts, read 231,614 times
We usually do a mix of traditional summer day camp, our town's community education summer program, and Camp Grandma/Grandpa. If we did traditional summer day camp for the whole summer, I'd need to get a second job. We get a return family discount at Thoreau. Some of the other camps offer discounts for first timers, early registration, etc. Every little bit helps.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I've talked to about a dozen people who sent their kids to Sewataro and the only complaint I've heard was price. Nearly $3k for a 4-week session and that doesn't even include extended day. You can get the same experience at the YMCA Hopkinton for half the price. It's run by YMCA Framingham, but it's separate from their Framingham day camp.
It blows me away what camps cost these days. My last summer at overnight camp I recall my parents paid around $2K for 8 weeks. I think the same camp is now 7 weeks and costs at least $12K.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:54 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,738,928 times
Does anyone happen to know anything about Zombie Summer Camp in Waltham? My son wants to go, and it looks good from the website, but I don't know much else.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:42 AM

38 posts, read 51,339 times
We send two kids to Sewataro. It is expensive but we feel it is very much worth it. Great programs (swimming 2x per day, archery, golf, zip lines, basket ball, crafts, gardening, etc.)

Old 01-29-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
Does anyone happen to know anything about Zombie Summer Camp in Waltham? My son wants to go, and it looks good from the website, but I don't know much else.
Not familiar but I was intrigued by your post and decided to check out their website. It sounds like maybe they just bunk at Gann Academy in Waltham. The actual camp seems to be in Burlington.

Zombie Summer Camp in Burlington and Reading, Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcedar View Post
We send two kids to Sewataro. It is expensive but we feel it is very much worth it. Great programs (swimming 2x per day, archery, golf, zip lines, basket ball, crafts, gardening, etc.)
Do they still have the Green Gizmo?

Old 01-29-2016, 02:43 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,738,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Not familiar but I was intrigued by your post and decided to check out their website. It sounds like maybe they just bunk at Gann Academy in Waltham. The actual camp seems to be in Burlington.

Zombie Summer Camp in Burlington and Reading, Massachusetts

Do they still have the Green Gizmo?
That is the one. My son found it online and actually asked to go (when before he has been very against sleepover camps.) It just makes me a little nervous to send him to an overnight camp where I don't know anything other than what's on the website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts