Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 77,764 times

Advertisements

I have had my permit since i was 17. I used to be a nervous driver. But I can never pass my reroad test because I get the same guy everytime. Everytime I have him I fail because he makes me so nervous or I mess up. Parallel parking is a thing I have never been able to pass on. I would love a road test where I dont have to do that or backing up straight. I am starting to think I will never pass the test. Are there locations in mass where parallel parking and backing up straight arent requirements. I also mess up on things I am good at because he makes me so nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 10:49 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erriebeau26 View Post
I have had my permit since i was 17. I used to be a nervous driver. But I can never pass my reroad test because I get the same guy everytime. Everytime I have him I fail because he makes me so nervous or I mess up. Parallel parking is a thing I have never been able to pass on. I would love a road test where I dont have to do that or backing up straight. I am starting to think I will never pass the test. Are there locations in mass where parallel parking and backing up straight arent requirements. I also mess up on things I am good at because he makes me so nervous.
How old are you now?

And just keep practicing your parallel parking and backing up. Practice makes perfect!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
The Leominster DMV has the nicest staff. That is where I get my registration and license renewed. Just be prepared to spend the day as they are stretched thin with the area they service.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,585 times
I got some points taken off my driving test (still passed) for not going the speed limit. But between where we turned on the road and turned off, there was no speed posting, so I went the normal 25mph (the road was a 35mph). But you know, when you only go one block and there's no speed limit sign, then it's ridiculous to take the points off the driver. Some DMV employees will just mark whatever automatically, without actually pausing to consider whether it's fair.

For people looking for a good DMV to take a driving test, look for one that is surrounded by wide, straight streets, and go during a time when there won't be commuter traffic. That doesn't mean you're going to pass if you're still a bad driver, but at least it won't be as stressful as going on narrow, curvy streets with tons of other cars around.

I know someone who stopped at an intersection when they weren't supposed to (no stop sign, no stop light - just came to a complete stop in the middle of the road). She complained about not passing the test for forever afterwards, and all I could think was that it was really good that she hadn't gotten her license. She was the only person I was ever nervous in a car with. It's the drivers without confidence that are the most dangerous - they're the ones who will slam on their brakes or swerve into another lane just because a car gets near them (even if the other car stays in their lane). Nervous drivers are bad drivers (which makes it really tough on good drivers getting their license, who just get nervous when they take tests).

Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 PM

2 posts, read 77,764 times
I go to leominster all the time I hate it. I am 26. I do but I get the same guy everytime I need someone new and that hasnt failed me multiple times.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 38,804 times
Default ma drivers test

Just took my first test and Plymouth and failed. I thought that the area was calm. But I the parking lot was really crasy mess when I took the test. Someone put there school car wash right next to the parallel parking spot. Kids and buses dropping kids everywhere. I'm going to try agen but not sure if my chances would be better taking it though the driving school or just trying differnt places. I'm curious what other people are doing. Do you have to take it through a driving to school to pass in MA?

Old 05-25-2013, 01:22 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia Bryony View Post
Just took my first test and Plymouth and failed. I thought that the area was calm. But I the parking lot was really crasy mess when I took the test. Someone put there school car wash right next to the parallel parking spot. Kids and buses dropping kids everywhere. I'm going to try agen but not sure if my chances would be better taking it though the driving school or just trying differnt places. I'm curious what other people are doing. Do you have to take it through a driving to school to pass in MA?
No. You just get a discount on insurance if you are a young driver. I took my driving test in Plymouth over 50 years ago and had no problems passing the first time. Like others have said, maybe being a better driver woud help people pass. No wonder the roads are like running a gauntlet every time one goes out onto the roads.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:04 AM

1 posts, read 38,150 times
Exclamation Bad mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflatshoe1 View Post
I failed today at Wilmington. He was still angry from the person before me, so I probably did not have a chance. Apparently I was not suppose to use my brakes when backing up 50 feet. I used the brakes to slow down to avoid an ice mountain. I have a 60ft driveway I backup from everyday, I can backup. All he saw was *foreigner* *foreigner* *foreigner*.

I didn't argue with the guy but he slammed my door anyway. I shook from anger when he left. I was polite the whole time, he did not have to disrespect me or my property.

I felt like an utter failure as a person because I didn't pass. I have driven for years and never had an accident or ticket in my home country.

Anyway, the earliest I can schedule is in Brockton. A bit far from where I am. Anybody have problems with this location?

I went to Wilmington, was very polite and respectful as always. Had to reschedule for no E-brake in middle of car. I said I understood, it was no one's fault and would come back. I was yelled at and told it was most certainly my fault! I agreed, in order to move on, but the guy kept my application and gave me his grading sheet. WARNING--this is a hint to the next examiner that you have been in before. We had a perfect road test but were still not passed, I err on the side of caution and did not even breath while we were in the car. I was amazed, we had both had our licenses for more than 35 years without an accident in Massachusetts! These guys are bored, lucky to have a steady job, and just flunking people and casually telling them to go take lessons. We took two days off of work and borrowed two cars for this crap. John Stewart should do a skit on the Mass RMV, DMV or whatever they are calling themselves this year! Duval Patrick--wake up!!! If anyone from the RMV/DMV reads this forum, they would realize that the examiners are the ones who truly need "to take a course". Their inconsistency in rejecting people for issues like not using an E-brake while the car is moving, and damaging your car, is ridiculous to site just one example! I think the registry should take some money saved by closing branches, and have a vehicle with a camera installed to record any impropriety on behalf of the examiner!

Last edited by It_A_Takes_Village_; 09-13-2013 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: Additions

Old 10-03-2013, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 44,597 times
I got a lot of use out of this thread when I was preparing for my road test (took it yesterday and passed, first try!) so I thought I'd give back by posting my experience. I went to Greenfield and I thought it was a very good place to take the road test. The examiner was a little gruff/strict but also fair. He took me through one big intersection right next to the RMV, but the majority of the test was on quiet, empty residential streets. Prepare for all the components -- 3-point turn, hand signals, hill parking, parallel parking, etc. He had me do pretty much everything. My leg started trembling a little bit at first, I was so nervous, haha!

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend trying Greenfield -- they run a good operation, and the test area is very manageable and fair. Best of luck, everyone!

Old 11-03-2013, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 37,904 times
I think driving is hard depending on what is it and what your doing but other then that honestly it's very easy just dnt be scared and get a feel for the car and have driven it for a while that way when you take your test you have no worries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts