Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 09:43 AM

5,118 posts, read 2,684,187 times

Advertisements

It amazes me that people on this board seem to believe they can adjudicate criminal cases based solely on news articles, and they hold people personally accountable for what their attorney's say to media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2022, 10:27 AM

3,646 posts, read 1,867,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
It amazes me that people on this board seem to believe they can adjudicate criminal cases based solely on news articles, and they hold people personally accountable for what their attorney's say to media.
Guilty until proven innocent!

Old 11-23-2022, 10:33 AM

17,351 posts, read 22,090,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
That still doesn't make sense. Brakes are always stronger than the accelerator. If you have your foot on both then it's impossible to go 50mph. Brakes always win.
Ummmm no. Also keep in mind the vehicle in motion had an advantage before the brakes were applied. In this case below the brakes were overheated and the 1300 HP won!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oO226PgSkg

Old 11-23-2022, 10:34 AM

17,351 posts, read 22,090,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
Word from a friend of a friend who lives in Hingham is that the person who crashed into the building was allegedly a former employee of the Apple store.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...e-store-crash/
Cops made a statement earlier that he had no known connection to the store.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:21 AM

16,468 posts, read 8,258,847 times
Default anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
No one is doing that. We are speculating. And it seems like absolute BS that the guy is saying, oh my foot was stuck on the accelerator. This was a very serious accident that killed someone and injured almost 20 others! Mass casualty event that seems pretty bizarre. Are you saying the driver shouldn't be held accountable here?

Old 11-23-2022, 11:23 AM

7,928 posts, read 7,828,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
A way to have avoided this would have been to have those cement balls/pillars out in front. Target has something similar. Or perhaps a place like Apple shouldn't just have a glass wall as the only thing protecting it from the outside. Sadly we live in a world where we need more protection i guess.
Way back when after Oklahoma City they started putting those up quite a bit in DC. The funny thing is sometimes I see that around other infrastructure like generator cages. I live in an area where there's an old Payphone which has been almost totally stripped and it still has two poles around it to prevent people from driving into it. The pay phone industry is pretty much dead and apples one of the most largest companies in the planet so I'm pretty sure they could probably afford to put some barriers up

Old 11-23-2022, 01:24 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,230,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Way back when after Oklahoma City they started putting those up quite a bit in DC. The funny thing is sometimes I see that around other infrastructure like generator cages. I live in an area where there's an old Payphone which has been almost totally stripped and it still has two poles around it to prevent people from driving into it. The pay phone industry is pretty much dead and apples one of the most largest companies in the planet so I'm pretty sure they could probably afford to put some barriers up
I'm sure the owner of Derby Street would have to approve that.

Old 11-23-2022, 01:40 PM

Looks like someone else in MA had a bad day on the roads today...ouch, crashed their Maserati or maybe if they're lucky it was just a rental for the weekend. https://www.wcvb.com/article/green-l...oston/42053461

Old 11-23-2022, 03:11 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,116,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Looks like someone else in MA had a bad day on the roads today...ouch, crashed their Maserati or maybe if they're lucky it was just a rental for the weekend. https://www.wcvb.com/article/green-l...oston/42053461
Oh man. I know that the traffic pattern around Comm Av and the BU Bridge is a bit confusing...you've really got to plan ahead as to which lane you wanna be in...but it's a hell of a lot better (and safer) than the cluster it used to be. Someone clearly not paying attention, for whatever reason. That's what gets me about all these accidents...our weather can't be blamed of late, so it clearly points to the drivers being at fault.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Oh man. I know that the traffic pattern around Comm Av and the BU Bridge is a bit confusing...you've really got to plan ahead as to which lane you wanna be in...but it's a hell of a lot better (and safer) than the cluster it used to be. Someone clearly not paying attention, for whatever reason. That's what gets me about all these accidents...our weather can't be blamed of late, so it clearly points to the drivers being at fault.
They just interviewed the driver on 7 News....the guy admitted it was caused by his stupidity...said he was on his way from BU picking his son up for the holiday went to take a left and didn't see the train coming....said it came out of nowhere. Darn, that was a nice looking car he crashed up....looks like he just had it detailed and waxed too from the closeup video footage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts