Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2023, 10:53 AM

720 posts, read 995,691 times

Advertisements

I subscribe to an over 55 newsletter in Mass and I keep getting emails about these homes on the cape:

https://www.55places.com/massachuset...ea63271c48d0fb

I cannot figure out why the prices seem so low compared to other similar places close to the ocean in the eastern part of the state.

Some of the homes are listed as public sewer and some are listed as private sewer. So maybe it has something to do with that? I don't know. I do know Cape Cod is having sewage issues but does that factor in with the lower prices of these homes?

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or knowledge about these condo/townhomes I would love to hear.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 11:01 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,778,418 times
Check the HOA fee.

Old 08-18-2023, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Check the HOA fee.
I did. It is still much less than some of the others I have seen which have been over $1000 a month.

Old 08-18-2023, 12:29 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,778,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saguarogirl507 View Post
I did. It is still much less than some of the others I have seen which have been over $1000 a month.
It's still a lot.

Old 08-18-2023, 03:09 PM

9,875 posts, read 7,204,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Check the HOA fee.
And the $2500 payment to the working capital fund. I'm guessing that it's a almost 25 YO development which be needing some major updates both outside and inside.

Old 08-18-2023, 04:21 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,018,658 times
Are you comparing this price against other 55+ developments or regular condos? 55+ properties tend to have lower values than traditional condos because the age requirement limits the buyer pool for these units.

I do know a few people that have units in this development and they all seem to really like it there.

Old 08-18-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Are you comparing this price against other 55+ developments or regular condos? 55+ properties tend to have lower values than traditional condos because the age requirement limits the buyer pool for these units.

I do know a few people that have units in this development and they all seem to really like it there.
Yes, I have seen a few that are quite a bit higher in price. I think there was one in Lakeville where they were in the 700k range. Also a couple in Plymouth. Most of them do have golf courses which is not my thing so maybe the prices go up when that is the case.

But thanks for letting me know that you know people who like it there. I may have one more move in me if things don't work out here in western MA. It is a bit far from everything and everyone I know and love.

Old 08-19-2023, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
And the $2500 payment to the working capital fund. I'm guessing that it's a almost 25 YO development which be needing some major updates both outside and inside.
I saw that. You may be right. That is around 4 months worth of condo fees. Usually you have to pay one or two months condo fees at closing to add to the reserves.

Old 08-19-2023, 04:20 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,656,467 times
I think we had a member on this forum who owned there (unless there is another one like that in Mashpee). She didn't like it much, but the problem might have been more with her.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:11 AM

8,543 posts, read 14,018,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saguarogirl507 View Post
Yes, I have seen a few that are quite a bit higher in price. I think there was one in Lakeville where they were in the 700k range. Also a couple in Plymouth. Most of them do have golf courses which is not my thing so maybe the prices go up when that is the case.

But thanks for letting me know that you know people who like it there. I may have one more move in me if things don't work out here in western MA. It is a bit far from everything and everyone I know and love.
It's a bit hard to compare pricing across communities that are that far apart geographically. Not sure why the Mashpee units are so cheaper. I know someone mentioned they're older and that can have an impact. They're in a very convenient location and there are plenty of condos in Mashpee that sell for $1M+ even. So, it's a not a "cheap" town. I don't really know enough about the market down there to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I think we had a member on this forum who owned there (unless there is another one like that in Mashpee). She didn't like it much, but the problem might have been more with her.
I'm pretty sure that's the only one. There are plenty of condo communities in Mashpee but most are not age restricted. My parents live in Mashpee so I'm down there a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts