Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 08:32 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Lately he hasn't been doing any stories or reports on those low income people. But really he wasn't just reporting on them because they were poor. They were doing terrible things and quite often getting away with it. Just low morale and not always low income.
Eh, some were pretty terrible, but many were not. A lot were misdemeanors, many weren't crimes at all (I remember one where he shamed a woman and her husband in Brockton because she posted on a message board asking if anyone had seen him). He doesn't always target poor people, but he does it disproportionately and he's extremely nasty about it. He also has a tendency to drag in people who just have the misfortune of knowing the primary target. But if he's stopped doing that because he's gone off the deep end on Karen Read, then maybe that's a silver lining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 10:43 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
She's accused of murdering her boyfriend but it seems she has been framed and he was actually beat up by his Boston cop colleagues and their kid. Their wives are helping cover up too.
Hold on...I thoughts cops were upstanding citizens that must be put on a pedestal??

Old 12-27-2023, 01:14 PM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times
It's pretty crazy that they're spending all this time on a blogger/journalist. I mean to put the guy in shackles and all like he's Whitey Bulger or something? Meanwhile there are repeat drunk drivers out there killing people in crashes on Xmas day that don't even get this type of harsh treatment that they truly deserve.

Old 12-27-2023, 02:10 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Hold on...I thoughts cops were upstanding citizens that must be put on a pedestal??
Do think you should be put on a pedestal?

Old 12-27-2023, 02:11 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It's pretty crazy that they're spending all this time on a blogger/journalist. I mean to put the guy in shackles and all like he's Whitey Bulger or something? Meanwhile there are repeat drunk drivers out there killing people in crashes on Xmas day that don't even get this type of harsh treatment that they truly deserve.
it is getting a lot of attention...and it's not like it's that interesting...I guess there is quite a following but it's odd that it's headline news at this point...not just this week...but last week. Slow news time maybe.

Old 12-27-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
it is getting a lot of attention...and it's not like it's that interesting...I guess there is quite a following but it's odd that it's headline news at this point...not just this week...but last week. Slow news time maybe.
It's actually pretty infuriating that there are real criminals out on the lam and repeat offenders yet taxpayer money is going to arrest and put this blogger guy in jail. I'd rather see the drunk driver who killed someone on Xmas or the guy who robbed the bank at gunpoint, etc. in the slammer instead having them out on bail. Those people are the ones who pose a real threat to society. This guy is only a threat to the political figures and authorities since he's exposing some sort of corruption it seems and I guess they're trying to get revenge by locking him up.

Old 12-27-2023, 02:45 PM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I assume you're talking about the police involvement, and not the news coverage?

Either way I don't think it's crazy. From a police perspective, you have a guy who has inserted himself into an already high profile murder investigation and trial. This guy has a big audience and has influenced a regional (national, even) movement based on his coverage of the case. Beyond that, he's made contact with numerous witnesses and people both directly and peripherally involved in the case. His involvement can easily sway both a potential jury and potential witnesses. There are limits to what's acceptable activism, and he's crossed some obvious lines.

The news coverage makes sense too. People love to crap on the guy (I'm guilty of this, I think he's awful), but he's got a wide reach and is well known. And since he's involved himself in an already high-profile murder case, he's going to make headlines. If anything, it'll make it harder for people to dismiss him as inconsequential.

Old 12-27-2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I assume you're talking about the police involvement, and not the news coverage?

Either way I don't think it's crazy. From a police perspective, you have a guy who has inserted himself into an already high profile murder investigation and trial. This guy has a big audience and has influenced a regional (national, even) movement based on his coverage of the case. Beyond that, he's made contact with numerous witnesses and people both directly and peripherally involved in the case. His involvement can easily sway both a potential jury and potential witnesses. There are limits to what's acceptable activism, and he's crossed some obvious lines.

The news coverage makes sense too. People love to crap on the guy (I'm guilty of this, I think he's awful), but he's got a wide reach and is well known. And since he's involved himself in an already high-profile murder case, he's going to make headlines. If anything, it'll make it harder for people to dismiss him as inconsequential.
If he's been able to make a living off youtube and generate that large a following he's pretty savvy. Even if one doesn't agree with his views or persona. Reporters/journalists are allowed to contact witnesses for interviews/questions/statements I thought? Some of the things he's exposed should raise some eyebrows...I mean it doesn't seem like it's hunky -dory stuff going on in the court system /investigation that he's shed light on does it? As for contacting witnesses, I can see how going to people's workplaces and homes repeatedly on end to try to interview them, ask questions etc.can be viewed as crossing the line and harassment vs just investigative reporting.

Old 12-27-2023, 04:00 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
That's y'all mans, right?

Lookin good.

Old 12-27-2023, 04:02 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Don't bring one of her narratives from 15 other threads to a thread if it doesn't fit her narrative on THIS thread. cmon man. You know the rules
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts