Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:50 AM

16,665 posts, read 8,369,674 times

Advertisements

I've heard Spirit is bad...even my 9 year old son says i dont want to fly spirit...and that's only because someone we know lost some luggage or something on a spirit flight.

Right, I guess that's what i'm getting at is that as far as flying goes, nothing seems high end anymore. You need your own private jet to have a high end flying experience.

I've never been on a plane with a lounge or a bar and that is fine, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:05 AM

12,938 posts, read 22,104,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I've heard Spirit is bad...even my 9 year old son says i dont want to fly spirit...and that's only because someone we know lost some luggage or something on a spirit flight.

Right, I guess that's what i'm getting at is that as far as flying goes, nothing seems high end anymore. You need your own private jet to have a high end flying experience.

I've never been on a plane with a lounge or a bar and that is fine, lol.
Spirit also seems to have more customer service issues in general (lost luggage, canceled reservations, etc.). I just read this horror story today. One of the big issues with Spirit is that they have a smaller fleet than the big airlines like Delta/American/United and the only fly to many destinations 2-3x weekly. So if something goes wrong (like a mechanical issue or you get bumped), the backup options are more limited and you're more likely to end up stuck for a day or more.

Old Today, 10:06 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,146,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Spirit also seems to have more customer service issues in general (lost luggage, canceled reservations, etc.). I just read this horror story today. One of the big issues with Spirit is that they have a smaller fleet than the big airlines like Delta/American/United and the only fly to many destinations 2-3x weekly. So if something goes wrong (like a mechanical issue or you get bumped), the backup options are more limited and you're more likely to end up stuck for a day or more.
Which is why I'm bummed that the JetBlue / Spirit takeover didn't go through! I generally really enjoy flying JetBlue!

Old Today, 10:07 AM

11,739 posts, read 6,124,466 times
Spirit. LOL.

The Carnival cruise lines of the air. You expect this from their travelers. When doesn't a fight break out on Spirit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFnLRhQ4Njw

Old Today, 10:53 AM

7,216 posts, read 4,605,718 times
I won’t fly any of the budget airlines. I worry about safety and expertise of the pilots. Luckily I have never been on a plane where people were fighting. I always pack my patience when I fly and make a big effort to be nice to everyone I encounter. For many it’s a stressful experience and I don’t want to make it worse.

Old Today, 11:00 AM

1,552 posts, read 1,136,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The Carnival cruise lines of the air.
I came here to say Greyhound bus of the air.

I am planning on traveling to Australia next year and was comparing Delta to the international carriers for the lie flat seats...there are more amenities on the other carriers. Problem is I can't hack routes/tickets like I used to because I gotta get home to the kids and Delta offers the shortest travel time.

Old Today, 11:33 AM

12,938 posts, read 22,104,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
I came here to say Greyhound bus of the air.

I am planning on traveling to Australia next year and was comparing Delta to the international carriers for the lie flat seats...there are more amenities on the other carriers. Problem is I can't hack routes/tickets like I used to because I gotta get home to the kids and Delta offers the shortest travel time.
Delta One on the A350s* & A330neos is up there with most of the better international carriers IMHO. It's not quite on par with the premium cabins on the ME3, JAL, ANA, or Singapore, but it's very good. The seats are comfortable, all have doors and direct aisle access, and the pillows/blankets are nice. The service is a notch below the international carriers, but still solid enough. I'm less impressed with Delta One on the older A330s (200 and 300), 767s, etc.

*Delta has a handful of former LATAM A350s which don't have the same Delta One configuration, and it's a big step backward (stepping over neighbors, no privacy door, etc.). I'm not sure which routes they use them on or if it's differentiated in search results, but you can probably spot the difference when selecting seats since they're a 2-2-2 layout instead of standard 1-2-1.

Old Today, 12:06 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,146,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I won’t fly any of the budget airlines. I worry about safety and expertise of the pilots. Luckily I have never been on a plane where people were fighting. I always pack my patience when I fly and make a big effort to be nice to everyone I encounter. For many it’s a stressful experience and I don’t want to make it worse.
^As much as I refuse to fly budget airlines also, it's not for this reason. Safety concerns are unfounded, their record is on par with the industry at large, and they're subject to FAA certification and compliance.

Old Today, 04:13 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,136,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Delta One on the A350s* & A330neos is up there with most of the better international carriers IMHO. It's not quite on par with the premium cabins on the ME3, JAL, ANA, or Singapore, but it's very good. The seats are comfortable, all have doors and direct aisle access, and the pillows/blankets are nice. The service is a notch below the international carriers, but still solid enough. I'm less impressed with Delta One on the older A330s (200 and 300), 767s, etc.

*Delta has a handful of former LATAM A350s which don't have the same Delta One configuration, and it's a big step backward (stepping over neighbors, no privacy door, etc.). I'm not sure which routes they use them on or if it's differentiated in search results, but you can probably spot the difference when selecting seats since they're a 2-2-2 layout instead of standard 1-2-1.
Appreciate the feedback, I'll take a look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: