Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 3,682 times

Advertisements

Guys,

Need some input in regards to where to reside if i will be working at Baptist Health @ west kendall, florida.

Not looking for any fancy stuff, just a place to sleep,shower, and chill once in a while on my day off.

Any suggestion(s) highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 01:29 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,599,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbe7872 View Post
Guys,

Need some input in regards to where to reside if i will be working at Baptist Health @ west kendall, florida.

Not looking for any fancy stuff, just a place to sleep,shower, and chill once in a while on my day off.

Well, for starters, you're in the wrong part of the forum. BUT, you're not that far off, only a few thousand miles, and the wrong side of the country, wrong ocean, wrong geological features, ( Island vs Peninsula ). I take that back, you're WAY friggin off. However, I can offer this cogent advice, it's from during the financial meltdown, but still applies today;

If you really like "flat", then Florida is the spot for you. I mean, IT'S FLAT!!!!!! Look to the north, flat, south, flat, east, well,,,, you get the idea.... And where it's not flat, IT'S SUBFLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Everglades, subflat, the Gulf, way sub flat....... In fact, history will tell you, that when the first Native Americans arrived in Florida, they actually named it, "Flattida", and due to various misinterpretations of the original spelling over the eons, the name was changed to "Florida". Now, the plus sides of Florida, ex-Flattida, there are no hills, none to speak of really, so, if you like riding your bicycle, but are a tad lazy, this can come in really handy, no uphill stuff to deal with. On the other hand, if you do happen to run out of gas in your car while driving in ex-Flattida, you can't simply coast downhill to the nearest gas station, you will have to get out and push, which can be a real drag, because it doe's have a tendancy to get very hot and humid down there... On the other hand, housing there is very inexpensive these days, so, if you happen to have good credit, and a little money, you can probably pick up a home for next to nothing. Of course, if you happen to have next to nothing, because you used to work for AIG, and have been laid off, with no severance pay, you probably can't afford that house, but there is an upside to that. Ex-Flattida happens to be very close to Cuba, which has about a zero unemployment rate, and is in easy boating distance from the Keys. Now, that may have a downside effect, if you are actually living in the car that you are pushing because you don't have the money to put gas in because you were unexpectedly laid off from AIG, you probably won't be able to afford a boat rental to get to Cuba so you can get a job. Well, there is an upside to that, you could just take that mini spare tire out of the trunk of your no more gas in it car, wait for the winds to pick up a bit, throw out all of your personal ID's, get on top of the spare mini tire, try and remember all the Spanish you learned in Junior High, and, when the Coast Gaurd approaches you way offshore, pretend you're from Cuba!!! The CG will give you a ride, FREE, to Havanna, where you will be all set!!!!! As far as Hawaii is concerned, WHO CARES!!!!!! You're already set up on Cuba, heck, seen one Island, you've seen em all!!!!!!

Just a thought

Hope this,,,, uuuurrrrpppp, scuze me, helps

Old 10-08-2015, 02:52 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,188,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbe7872 View Post
Guys,

I'd recommend heading to the local Border's Books store and reading some geography books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui