Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 07:27 PM

6 posts, read 9,106 times

Advertisements

Hawaii is pure evil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 09:25 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,824,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2forums View Post
Hawaii is pure evil
Aloha and welcome!

Mahalo for your post!

Old 07-15-2021, 03:30 PM

814 posts, read 580,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I'll speak for myself, if one happens to get in the house and manages to initially avoid the cat (more on that later), the thin streak of Gecko poop they leave on the wall, is - in my opinion, annoying.

Then when the cat does catch it, and eats it, and then throws up the half digested body, that also annoys me.
How vivid...

Old 07-15-2021, 04:13 PM

814 posts, read 580,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungjohann View Post
the truth about maui??? People here are so friggin indecisive.......they just can't make up their minds, about anything! I've lived here since 1975.....

I might stay,,,,,,,,,,,, who knows?

:d

Old 07-15-2021, 04:44 PM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
My first cousin lived on Maui with his family. He gave up a great job with ATT corporate on the mainland, sold his beautiful house and an apt. building he owned in a nice suburb, and relocated to Maui with his family without a job and with a crate full of stuff. The last thing he did before he left was to arrogantly make fun of all the train commuters who he called "robots" ( of which, of course, I am one ) and he proceeded to walk backwards up an escalator to show his contempt of the whole corporate way of life while laughing. It was a scene out of a bad movie.

He found and bought a great house on the island with a view of the ocean and a unit on the property that they could rent out. It was Hawaii for good, with surfing and beach, and the Hawaiian lifestyle with a Jeep and the sun. It started out great, but eventually, like some of the other posts, they ran out of land to explore and adventures to have, and the island became a cage for them. Their kids went to an ok elementary school that had a good caucasian mix, but after that it was graduation to a lackluster school where their blonde kids were called Howlies and they felt out of place and intimidated. The excitement of the week eventually was the Costco ship pulling in, and all the locals rushing over to get the food while the supply was good.

The friends they first made left the island, and there were too many island orphans with drug problems around for them to want to stay and have their kids grow up there. They moved back to the mainland after 5 years, and after relocating to the desert Southwest, lost most of their profit made on homes in the real estate crash when he was forced to sell his house due to a divorce for an enormous loss.

If there is a moral to the story here, I think it is to look first, look again, and again and then jump when you are sure you are going to land safely on a stone in the lake.
I see statements like this and am intrigued as many who complain about a lack of things to do in Hawaii wouldn't be living any differently on the mainland. No, they'd go to work, home, maybe the gym, etc. There is a lot of repetition for most on the mainland, too. Sure, they have the option of road trips, etc., but how often is that actually happening? To me, it seems that many who move to the islands get caught up thinking that Hawaii will be a permanent vacation setting and not enough time adopting the islands as a home.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:08 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I see statements like this and am intrigued as many who complain about a lack of things to do in Hawaii wouldn't be living any differently on the mainland. No, they'd go to work, home, maybe the gym, etc. There is a lot of repetition for most on the mainland, too. Sure, they have the option of road trips, etc., but how often is that actually happening? To me, it seems that many who move to the islands get caught up thinking that Hawaii will be a permanent vacation setting and not enough time adopting the islands as a home.
I agree.
Obviously it's a time to be simplifying, not a time to be globetrotting or restaurant hopping.
Staying more at home, living slower more simplified lives is the pace for the 20's.

And the second major lockdown its coming in Fall/Winter -- forced lockdowns are in store for all across the globe, as designed. This time the highways and states will be locked down quicker and more completely now that they've had their test run.
The variants whether mutated from the vaxxes or blamed on the unvaxxed will find hospitals packed for real this time , and not enough medieval personal to attend to the ill.

But health insurances won't
approve finances for treatment for the vaxxed because they agreed to be the experiment.

So there will be a mass diagnosis of Hospice patients of all ages sent home to be quarantined and pass away.
2022 is lining up to be very difficult, and will mark the psyche of the survivors of the population.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:51 PM

21,727 posts, read 16,331,178 times
The truth about Maui is: I’ve never been … can’t explain myself. Been to Oahu obviously, and Molokai, Big, Kauai, even Kahoolawe (yes, really) … why not Maui? Someday I’ll figure out my avoidance behavior and go.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,824,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I agree.
Obviously it's a time to be simplifying, not a time to be globetrotting or restaurant hopping.
Staying more at home, living slower more simplified lives is the pace for the 20's.

And the second major lockdown its coming in Fall/Winter -- forced lockdowns are in store for all across the globe, as designed. This time the highways and states will be locked down quicker and more completely now that they've had their test run.
The variants whether mutated from the vaxxes or blamed on the unvaxxed will find hospitals packed for real this time , and not enough medieval personal to attend to the ill.

approve finances for treatment for the vaxxed because they agreed to be the experiment.

So there will be a mass diagnosis of Hospice patients of all ages sent home to be quarantined and pass away.
2022 is lining up to be very difficult, and will mark the psyche of the survivors of the population.
Well, all I can add is that life was fun while it lasted!

Old 07-17-2021, 11:10 PM

10,547 posts, read 7,739,679 times
Quote:
I agree.

I agree with prospectheightsresident too, but not with your response!

This is a bold prophesy here. We must revisit in a few months.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:36 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,897,957 times
Quote:
I agree.

This is exactly the misinformation that is not helpful. It is getting to the point that they shouldn't even bother teaching science in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui