Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 AM

21,991 posts, read 9,569,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Because you've got disingenuous idiots like Don Lemon and Cuomo.

Don Lemon actually tries to act like he's a serious unbiased journalist. Jeez, what a joke.
Personally, being from Columbus, I think Don Lemon is a vampire. He hasn't aged since I lived in Columbus in the 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,707,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Despite the election season getting going, more struggles for the fakest name in "news"

Only the truly stupid and clinically deranged pay mind to them now. If it wasn't for forced fees via cable subscriptions, they'd be out of business by now.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:26 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,911,193 times
Having frauds like Avenatti on your network has consequences

Old 08-07-2019, 10:30 AM

18,489 posts, read 15,298,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
MSNBC is even worse.
Probably, yes. But I don’t think people mind biased news that is promoted at biased news. That is why FOX and MSNBC are doing ok. As a conservative, I watch MSNBC when I want to get the liberal point of view. And I don’t have a problem with it.

I think CNN’s problem is that they have always pitched themselves as being a “real” news station. So since the Trump campaign first began, they have allowed their hate for him to take over, and in the process, became a blatant shill for the Democratic Party.

But their history as being known as a “real” news station is hurting them now. When you watch CNN, you feel like they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Pretending to be “real” news, while in reality, they have serious agenda to get democrats elected.

And nobody likes to feel like someone is trying to trick them, and sell them a bill of goods. It builds disdain in the viewers. If they just came out and said, “Hey, we are a liberal news station.” I think it would do them a lot of good. But they wont ever do that because they want to keep being thought of as “real news”.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:33 AM

52,357 posts, read 52,828,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lmao

He’s one of the most racist person in fake journalism. How anyone can view CNN as reliable news is mind boggling.
He's at the Dim debates and he askes and frames the questions from the POV that Trump is a bigot. I mean he's supposed to be an unbiased moderator and he asks those questions like it's a fact. I make no bones that I'm not a huge Trump fan but come on. I mean really?? He could have framed his questions a million ways to bring up the subject of bigotry but to just frame it the way he did was laughable. I mean no attempt at being unbiased.

The problem with the left is that since they think they have the moral high ground that they can say and do anything they want.

Nothing but a bunch of pious jerkoffs. I say that as someone who is not a conservative but I find myself just shaking my head at the left. Every political position test I take puts me middle slight left.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:36 AM

52,357 posts, read 52,828,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Probably, yes. But I don’t think people mind biased news that is promoted at biased news. That is why FOX and MSNBC are doing ok. As a conservative, I watch MSNBC when I want to get the liberal point of view. And I don’t have a problem with it.

I think CNN’s problem is that they have always pitched themselves as being a “real” news station. So since the Trump campaign first began, they have allowed their hate for him to take over, and in the process, became a blatant shill for the Democratic Party.

But their history as being known as a “real” news station is hurting them now. When you watch CNN, you feel like they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Pretending to be “real” news, while in reality, they have serious agenda to get democrats elected.

And nobody likes to feel like someone is trying to trick them, and sell them a bill of goods. It builds disdain in the viewers. If they just came out and said, “Hey, we are a liberal news station.” I think it would do them a lot of good. But they wont ever do that because they want to keep being thought of as “real news”.
None of those 3 are really true unbiased news. Most of the stuff is commentary and editorial.

Fox slants right the others slant left. If people can't see this for what it is we've got a problem. It's all sort of "infotainment" as well.

I flip around too to try and get multiple angles of a given subject.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:42 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,543,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
He's at the Dim debates and he askes and frames the questions from the POV that Trump is a bigot. I mean he's supposed to be an unbiased moderator and he asks those questions like it's a fact. I make no bones that I'm not a huge Trump fan but come on. I mean really?? He could have framed his questions a million ways to bring up the subject of bigotry but to just frame it the way he did was laughable. I mean no attempt at being unbiased.

The problem with the left is that since they think they have the moral high ground that they can say and do anything they want.

Nothing but a bunch of pious jerkoffs. I say that as someone who is not a conservative but I find myself just shaking my head at the left. Every political position test I take puts me middle slight left.
The Democrat left has no fixed moral standards. None. Truth to them is "relative," which means that it is whatever they want it to be from one moment to the next. How can they possibly think that they occupy any kind of moral high ground? It is not even possible for them.

The only basis for this bizarrely deranged view of themselves - for any who actually have it - is that they are at once pathologically self absorbed and at the same time blissfully lacking lacking in self awareness.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:19 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,849,873 times
I rarely watch CNN because I don't like how they pay attention to Trump. He should be ignored IMO.

But I don't watch any other news either. I read headlines and some stories online and that's about it.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,554,810 times
It's weird to me that folks care so much about ratings when they have nothing to do with them. I almost never watch CNN. I'll watch Fox first especially Shep Smith or Chris Wallace. But I also don't care about their ratings. The only time ratings affect me is when they get to the point and the network takes them off.

Oddlly, I find that even most people who work in TV don't care too much about ratings. Granted, I worked in local TV news, not national. The people who do the day to day jobs of putting the news on the air are not nearly as concerned with ratings as the pencil pushers on the upper floors. We just wanted to do a good job and then go home.

I also am not a TV critic. I'd like to know how many people sit around the TV on typical July nights and watch politics.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:28 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,796,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The trouble with CNN, is that it's dominated by Trump stories and people are just sick of it.

I get CNN in the UK and usually just flick straight past it, as it's just full of people moaning on all the time amf I get enough of that alreadt from British news broadcasters in relation to Brexit.

Although recently it has been covering the shootings before going on to blame Trump's rhetoric and the division caused by Trump for the El Paso shooting and domestic terrorism.

I am just waiting for them to blame Trump for an earthquake or tidal wave.
Same here with the BBC. It’s all about Trump, they have very little about Brexit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media