Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 01:05 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,390,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Gosh, that's a good one! Do you have an unending source for all these gems? I rarely hear you participate in a discussion. But I guess they're right; a picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:06 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,823,918 times
It is quite funny that the OP decides it's only Fox that does this.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:17 PM

8,322 posts, read 3,960,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
admittedly, I do not watch Fox News. We know their leanings but I do like hearing multiple viewpoints to form my own. I decided to see how Fox News was covering this story and I have to admit, i was appalled. I heard a lot about why this whistle-blower shouldn't be believed (when we don't even know who they are yet), a lot about Pelosi and Schiff and the Democrats, even more about Biden of course but not much about the complaint itself and what Trump supposedly did.

I just don't understand how a whistle-blower complaint is made about how a sitting President abusing their office, and more time is spent on Biden than the details of that complaint. I urge everyone to read the actual whistle-blower filing since it's short and straightforward but I know many will not. There is more to it than just that phone call and complaint lays out multiple issues of concern from Trump, Giuliani, and the White house over multiple months and I felt FoxNews covered next to none of that.

So yes, I felt like FoxNews was treating me like an idiot. I actually took the time to read the call transcript and read the whistle-blower complaint. THAT is the story and information they should be covering and informing the public on and instead, I got all the other noise surrounding it that has nothing to do with what Trump supposedly did.
This is true, Fox and CNN are similar in that their offering is unabashed infotainment - nothing more nothing less. You can occasionally find some journalism mixed in there. Main purpose as I see it is for a quick browse to identify the current events. Then you dig deeper using online resources to learn more about the actual facts.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:43 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,265,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It is quite funny that the OP decides it's only Fox that does this.
Absolutely.

Liberals can't stand for that. They are the most critical and skeptical people on the face of this earth. There's a good reason why fake news machine doesn't target liberals - it doesn't work on them and the news gets debunked quickly.

It's the opposite with conservatives - they crave fake news. Right-wingers soak up fake news like a sponge. If it's not fake, they question it.

Hence, we have Fox News mostly reporting fake news and CNN/MSNBC reporting facts. They know their audience.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:11 PM

1,412 posts, read 571,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Absolutely.

Liberals can't stand for that. They are the most critical and skeptical people on the face of this earth. There's a good reason why fake news machine doesn't target liberals - it doesn't work on them and the news gets debunked quickly.

It's the opposite with conservatives - they crave fake news. Right-wingers soak up fake news like a sponge. If it's not fake, they question it.

Hence, we have Fox News mostly reporting fake news and CNN/MSNBC reporting facts. They know their audience.
I have my issues with Fox News, especially Hannity, but if you believe the partisan hacks and numbskulls on CNN & MSNBC are reporting "facts", I pity you.
They, along with the NYT, WAPost,CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR, etc., are just propaganda outlets for the Democratic Party.
Not a fan of Ingraham & Hannity back to back, but they pale in comparison to the witless Fredo Cuomo & hopeless Don Lemon, both a repugnant pair of dimwitted partisan hacks.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:12 PM

27,723 posts, read 28,837,641 times
Quote:
I actually took the time to read the call transcript and read the whistle-blower complaint. THAT is the story and information they should be covering and informing the public on
I agree. Reading both of these only heightened my curiosity as to how corrupt Joe Biden and his family must be for Trump to want to call for their investigation.

Before this, I thought the Bidens were a relatively clean and down-to-earth kind of family. What an illusion that was. They are simply using their political position and influence to fatten their bank accounts.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:23 PM

19,898 posts, read 12,188,039 times
Quote:
admittedly, I do not watch Fox News. We know their leanings but I do like hearing multiple viewpoints to form my own. I decided to see how Fox News was covering this story and I have to admit, i was appalled. I heard a lot about why this whistle-blower shouldn't be believed (when we don't even know who they are yet), a lot about Pelosi and Schiff and the Democrats, even more about Biden of course but not much about the complaint itself and what Trump supposedly did.

I just don't understand how a whistle-blower complaint is made about how a sitting President abusing their office, and more time is spent on Biden than the details of that complaint. I urge everyone to read the actual whistle-blower filing since it's short and straightforward but I know many will not. There is more to it than just that phone call and complaint lays out multiple issues of concern from Trump, Giuliani, and the White house over multiple months and I felt FoxNews covered next to none of that.

So yes, I felt like FoxNews was treating me like an idiot. I actually took the time to read the call transcript and read the whistle-blower complaint. THAT is the story and information they should be covering and informing the public on and instead, I got all the other noise surrounding it that has nothing to do with what Trump supposedly did.
Were you watching a commentator or the news? Someone mentioned Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson, both of which are just commentators not journalists.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,628,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Gosh, that's a good one!
Thanks, Liz
Quote:
Do you have an unending source for all these gems?
A brief perusal of the interwebs yields a wealth of visual zingers.

Quote:
I rarely hear you participate in a discussion.
I'll occasionally engage, but for the most part, the "discussions" here are simply partisan outpourings with little substance. They often devolve quickly into juvenile food fights with no one persuaded and little content beyond name-calling.

My witty rejoinders are meant to introduce a note of levity.

Some appreciate the humor. Others, not so much.

Quote:
But I guess they're right; a picture is worth a thousand words.
That old proverb rings true so often.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,628,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I have my issues with Fox News, especially Hannity, but if you believe the partisan hacks and numbskulls on CNN & MSNBC are reporting "facts", I pity you.
They, along with the NYT, WAPost,CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR, etc., are just propaganda outlets for the Democratic Party.
Not a fan of Ingraham & Hannity back to back, but they pale in comparison to the witless Fredo Cuomo & hopeless Don Lemon, both a repugnant pair of dimwitted partisan hacks.
A rather harsh condemnation there, Trojan.

Dontcha think?

Old 09-27-2019, 02:58 PM

25,670 posts, read 17,441,137 times
Most of the Fox hosts mentioned in this thread are not reporters at all.
Hannity? .... Tucker? ..... Juan Williams? ...... C'mon. Those are people with opinions, that's all. They're not reporters, and do not report news.

Bret Baier is a reporter.

Just because I get some news from Fox tells you nothing about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media