Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2022, 03:56 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,923,289 times

Advertisements

The Leftist Establishment becomes more and more brazenly transparent with each passing day about what their true goals are.

Sounds like something out of one of Klaus Schwab's wet dreams.

Quote:
The New York Times has recently posted an Op-Ed which argues in favor of the inflationary crisis facing the US and much of the world because it forces the public to go vegan and give up meat “for the greater good.”

Just as late night propagandist Steven Colbert cheered for higher gas prices and suggested people buy a Tesla (a vehicle far outside the affordability of the majority of Americans) if they want to avoid paying $15 a gallon for gas, the NYT Op-Ed has a familiar stench of elitism.

Even more disturbing is the insinuation by the Times that a reintroduction of the Lever Act might be in order. For those unfamiliar with this starkly unconstitutional legislation, the Lever Act, also known as the Food And Fuel Act, was passed in 1917 and used wartime conditions and price inflation as an excuse for the government to take control of agricultural production, specifically reducing meat availability. It also gave the government the power to confiscate agricultural resources and “prevent hoarding.”

As the Op-Ed notes in a quote:

There was huge cultural buy-in to the idea that collectively, we could make small sacrifices — which is how people saw giving up meat — and we’d make the sacrifices in the name of a greater good and get something done...”

In other words, the argument is that climate ideologues and militant vegans should support government actions that violate private property and business rights because this has already been done before. A precedent was set in 1917, and they think this makes it okay to do it again.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rce-green-diet

It's no mystery why we're about to electorally bombard the Dems back into the stone age.

Vote as many Lefty politicians out of office as possible, and then let's keep them out.

Scorched earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 08:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 6,514,468 times
LA Times is just as bad.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:07 PM

9,321 posts, read 6,454,543 times
Any politician who is even lukewarm to any of Klaus Schwab's ideas should be thrown out of public office permanently.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:26 PM

53,167 posts, read 34,963,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
LA Times is just as bad.
comPost is worse than both combined.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:37 PM

9,321 posts, read 6,454,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
comPost is worse than both combined.
That is why I try to find alternatives to Amazon whenever possible. Jeff Bezos is too supportive of the totalitarian Davos crowd.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:19 PM

37,181 posts, read 42,370,615 times
I'll pay for meat before I pay for a lot of other things, like solar panels or an electric car.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:38 AM

33,413 posts, read 12,707,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'll pay for meat before I pay for a lot of other things, like solar panels or an electric car.
I rarely eat meat (and still get plenty of protein), but I also look at that as my personal preference and if someone else’s’ personal preference is to eat 3lbs plus of meat a day that that is that person’s personal preference, and the government should butt out of both preferences.

Old 06-09-2022, 03:46 AM

5,105 posts, read 3,998,620 times
NYT is trying to make a silk purse of a sow’s ear.

At the same time, proclaiming soaring gas prices is a great way to move folks away from gas is so silly only a fake news source would say it. Kinda like pushing a Russia Collusion hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media