Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 10:05 AM

53,169 posts, read 34,963,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
We’ll, Biden did the grumpy and befuddled old man routine, lashed out at Republicans and other political ‘enemies’, and offered no hope to his dwindling supporters. Kimmel dutifully read obvious softball ‘questions’.

In a rational world Biden would fire the staffer who scheduled this disaster.

Maybe Kamala was giving him the shiv by tricking him into going on national TV.
didn't watch it and don't plan to, but this caught my eye:

Quote:
"Can't you issue an executive order? Trump passed those out like Halloween candy," Kimmel quipped.

Though Biden said he's done everything "within the power of the presidency" on gun control, he added he does not want to emulate his predecessor.
xoe, you lying sack, you to issued over a dozen EOs on your first day in office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 10:09 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,923,289 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN5kpBiu93E

Old 06-09-2022, 10:29 AM

13,140 posts, read 9,707,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I was wondering if anybody had actually run the numbers - Blacks are 13% of the population, yet they are in 97% of the television commercials. I suspect that number is pretty accurate; I don't recall the last time I saw a commercial without several Blacks in it. Is that supposed to be a good thing? I suspect it's probably a turnoff for most. Maybe they're just trying to make up for lost time, when presumably the population was about the same but blacks were never in a commercial.

I assume the agenda is to try to show Blacks in a good, normal family atmosphere in an attempt to make the criminals less likely to be criminals. If that's the case, it's not working.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:34 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,252,839 times
I really don't like Kimmel.

This is one way to ensure only your sycophants hear the message.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:45 AM

7,111 posts, read 2,800,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I really don't like Kimmel.

This is one way to ensure only your sycophants hear the message.
Kimmel hasn't been relevant since "The Man Show" and Adam Corolla had to carry him. Where are the "women on trampolines"???

Old 06-09-2022, 11:04 AM

5,105 posts, read 3,998,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The ratings will have no effect on the criminal charges coming the GOP`s way. The Watergate hearings had plenty of viewers because there were only a handful of tv networks. No one was watching Netflix or streaming Disney+, Paramount +, etc. 40% of the voters didn`t believe that Nixon stole an election. The country has gotten much dumber in the last 50 years.
I don’t know about the rest of it but your mention of Nixon is interesting. Biden, lashing out verbally at his imagined enemies (MAGA, racists, etc.), did sound like an elderly version of paranoid Nixon on the Nixon tapes. Almost identical. Except for that dementia issue. Nixon was paranoid but he still had all his marbles.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:14 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,509,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Nixon had a 49 state landslide. He didn't have to steal anything.
Did someone say he did? Neither Nixon or Biden stole an election no matter what Mike Pillow told the cult.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:15 PM

20,457 posts, read 14,818,651 times
I don't get the 120 days of press silence claim.

He posts live feed videos of him talking or doing things just about every day on Facebook. And Heather Cox Richardson interviewed him about 3 months (90 days) ago.

I mean, I know that such details as basic facts are beside the point when folks mostly show up to just say how much they hate the guy, but...

Old 06-09-2022, 12:30 PM

5,105 posts, read 3,998,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I don't get the 120 days of press silence claim.

He posts live feed videos of him talking or doing things just about every day on Facebook. And Heather Cox Richardson interviewed him about 3 months (90 days) ago.

I mean, I know that such details as basic facts are beside the point when folks mostly show up to just say how much they hate the guy, but...
I think the press (and not just conservatives) would like to see a Biden press conference wherein he takes and answers unrehearsed questions from reporters (critical and otherwise) who might follow up.

For obvious reasons, this is not Biden’s strong suit.

Not a surprise this sort of thing has been few and far between with Biden.

(And no, Kimmel and Richardson are not considered a press conference.)

Old 06-09-2022, 01:45 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,923,289 times
Quote:
LMAO - what an utter clown.

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1534899445372006400
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media