Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 10:47 AM

53,386 posts, read 35,111,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
they asked a question and you put back on them. That's an odd thing to do. And no I won't engage in your additional deflection.
of course you don't want to answer why it's proper for schumer to be consulted about a story that has nothing to do with him. very telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't do fantasies in politics. Who does that? I don't know how the idea of this being a fantasy even crosses your mind... but it did.

I can't post the whole article - but clearly Schumer was part of the process in allowing Sen. Scott's opinion piece to post... regardless of whether or not you accept it.
leftists aren't the least bit disturbed by this. it's their team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 11:08 AM

19,930 posts, read 12,226,209 times
Quote:
I don't do fantasies in politics. Who does that? I don't know how the idea of this being a fantasy even crosses your mind... but it did.

I can't post the whole article - but clearly Schumer was part of the process in allowing Sen. Scott's opinion piece to post... regardless of whether or not you accept it.

Why would a paper need to check with anyone before allowing a senior Senator's opinion piece to be posted? How incredibly disrespectful towards a respected black senior Senator.

Old 08-26-2022, 11:30 AM

53,386 posts, read 35,111,180 times
Quote:
You're deflecting. Once again - someone asked a question and you are trying to deflect from it.
...says the poster desperately trying to avoid answering a question

Quote:
It's telling that you view anyone who may disagree with you as "leftists."

Oof.
oof, indeed. i didn't specifically call you a leftist, but a hit dog will holler.

your posts are on display for all to see, as is your leftism. are you seriously trying to deny that you're a leftist?

Old 08-26-2022, 11:51 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,514,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Anybody surprised?

The Old Gray Lady has been wearing depends and been on life support for some time now.
Someone forgot to tell them they`re on life support. They rank #3 on the list of world`s best newspapers. The news that they`ll soon be out of business will be heartbreaking, no doubt but fortunately, there`s no shortage of tall buildings in Manhattan to leap from.

https://thedailyuniverse.com/top-10-...ewspapers-blog

Old 08-26-2022, 12:09 PM

20,391 posts, read 20,038,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Someone forgot to tell them they`re on life support. They rank #3 on the list of world`s best newspapers. The news that they`ll soon be out of business will be heartbreaking, no doubt but fortunately, there`s no shortage of tall buildings in Manhattan to leap from.

Based upon circulation numbers for the most part, just like USA today. I read the NYT in the '70s and '80s.

It's a much different publication today, IMO. YMMV.

Fox News has regularly trounced CNN and MSNBC in the ratings for years.

Their streaming channel (per a google search) shows 1.5 million subscribers.

Impressed?

Old 08-27-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfalie View Post
The WWE probably does to. Of course entertainment shows will do better.
The topic is news reporting/commenting related not sports and other entertainment related.

Old 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfalie View Post
Exactly, so pointing out infortainment ratings compared to actual news is pointless.
I'm not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying Fox News, MSNBC and CNN are infotainment?

They all have bonafide news casts as well as opinion shows.

Old 08-29-2022, 06:02 AM

59,563 posts, read 27,691,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why would a paper need to check with anyone before allowing a senior Senator's opinion piece to be posted? How incredibly disrespectful towards a respected black senior Senator.
What does race have to do with this?

Someone said, "RACISTS make EVERYTHING about RACE"!

Old 08-29-2022, 06:06 AM

59,563 posts, read 27,691,924 times
Quote:

The Daily Universe is liberal. What do you expect?

Old 08-30-2022, 08:46 AM

42,083 posts, read 75,567,378 times
Quote:
The article did not state anything about "allowing", clearly or otherwise. Perhaps you could post the part of the article that backs up your assertion?

Quote:
Heh. Yeah. The Times ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media