Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 07:54 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,447,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I wouldn't call it propaganda, but they are left leaning just like the WSJ is right leaning. I would never call the WSJ propaganda although I disagree with many of their opinions. The NYT has some great writers and extensive articles, not a one shot paragraph click-bait like Breitbart.

Plenty of great local news papers throughout the country in addition to the NY Times.

You should credit the NY Times for publishing an article by Tom Cotton, the criticism from within was fairly predictable, so?

The NY times print circulation is all around the tri-state area up also in other nearby states, online is throughout the country. How did you arrive at 90% leftist?

You might want to ask yourself why they can't create a right leaning paper with the national prominence of the NY Times.
Nyt is biased none of the less

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 11:33 AM

78,543 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
I see some of the strangest sources from the right, Red State News, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, Twitter, rarely even see the WSJ quoted. What are the conservative newspapers, name them outside of WSJ.

The NYT is doing just fine.
The problem is that most major PRINT newspapers have fallen on hard times and are generally located in major cities with core readership being democrats.

As such, most of the print media seems to go left....while the right has FOX as their major news organization.

I don't think anyone can reasonably argue about biases in the media not going both ways and print newspapers are dying out and transitioning to digital.

Old 04-10-2024, 07:26 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The problem is that most major PRINT newspapers have fallen on hard times and are generally located in major cities with core readership being democrats.

As such, most of the print media seems to go left....while the right has FOX as their major news organization.

I don't think anyone can reasonably argue about biases in the media not going both ways and print newspapers are dying out and transitioning to digital.
Newspapers are much more responsible and do a great job of investigative reporting, the reduced circulation is due to many using sources on the internet and bloggers like Breitbart. The cable and others use newspapers as their source of course with slants.

Newspapers take responsibility for their reporting, not just the NYT or Wapo but all of them including the WSJ, I would not put Fox News in the same universe. Using the internet is what brought us Alex Jones.

Old 04-10-2024, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Nyt is biased none of the less

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias
Bias is one thing, misinformation is quite another.

Old 04-11-2024, 12:06 PM

3,750 posts, read 1,447,475 times
Quote:
Bias is one thing, misinformation is quite another.
Every major media has participated in misinformation. Nothign to see here. Just becareful what one believes and reads.

Old 04-11-2024, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Every major media has participated in misinformation. Nothign to see here. Just becareful what one believes and reads.
Which is exactly why those using the internet as a primary source is the main source of misinformation.

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM

7,658 posts, read 8,734,965 times
So NY Times finally ran an article:

Thousands Believe Covid Vaccines Harmed Them. Is Anyone Listening?

Here is one reader comment:

Quote:
AKJersey
New JerseyMay 3

The COVID mRNA vaccines were the greatest breakthrough in vaccine development in decades, and saved millions of lives. The number of people with long-lasting side effects of COVID itself (“long COVID”) is thousands of times greater than those with any side effects from the vaccine. I have had 8 doses of mRNA COVID vaccines – no COVID and no side effects.
You are due for the 9th dose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media