Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 02:02 PM

19,767 posts, read 18,055,300 times

Advertisements

As a center right conservative I seek out center left and sometimes left sources to challenge my thinking. That said NPR jumped so far left I haven't listened or read much NPR over the last 10-12 years.

As an example why.......I hate Trump but NPR's coverage of Russia-Gate and seemingly daily open mic ops with Adam Schiff looked bad at the time and worse now. And that's just one fumble.

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-h...dRedirect=true

_______

The press is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 02:15 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
The press left the building many years ago.

The MSM just shills for the powers that be. Been that way for a while now.

Old 04-09-2024, 02:18 PM

3,316 posts, read 2,132,650 times
The media is more or less an Orwellian apparatus for the far-left's menticidal pseudo-religion.

Old 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
As a center right conservative I seek out center left and sometimes left sources to challenge my thinking. That said NPR jumped so far left I haven't listened or read much NPR over the last 10-12 years.

As an example why.......I hate Trump but NPR's coverage of Russia-Gate and seemingly daily open mic ops with Adam Schiff looked bad at the time and worse now. And that's just one fumble.

_______

The press is gone.
Yep. I addressed this on another thread, but this is the piece that got my attention:
https://www.npr.org/2024/04/07/12430...disinformation

Opinion disguised as reporting and fact, in my opinion.

Old 04-09-2024, 03:19 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Excellent article — thanks!

Old 04-09-2024, 03:23 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:

_______

The press is gone.
Npr and the rest of public radio and public broadcasting at one point was a national treasure, now the tax paying service no longer serves a purpose and a shadow of itself due to going far left, abandoning objectivity and intellectual diverse opinions, does not meet half way with many Americans on the right and even amongst many bleeding heart leftist. Npr has lost alot of credibility.

Old 04-09-2024, 04:13 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
The intersection of the Left (marxists) and megaglobalcorp is interesting. Now that the garden variety leftist dem perceives that they control the institutions then Big Wall St., Military Industrial Complex, Big Pharma, Big Media, Big Everything, meddling in other countries affairs, is all good because their "team" is doing it. The intentions are "good".

What did the commie manifesto say at the end that all existing societies must be violently overthrown? That didn't work thus Cultural Marxism, the long march through the institutions.
Of course there are still 2 remaining evil representations of "evil" America to the marxists...white people and Christianity. Remember Marcuse wrote in the 60's that white people do not deserve Constitutional protections. Thus the rampant DEI push.

GlobalCorp doesn't believe in the constitution and neither do marxists that's the marriage. Ironically it was the leftist conspiracy theorists (well known) that rang the alarm many decades ago about the danger of GlobalCorp, MIC, etc. Back then they were the offspring of the communists that started revolutions in Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia (succeeded) etc.

What the Garden Variety leftist doesn't understand is that Global Corp just acquires, like a M/A deal, your movement. The guy who started the Occupy Wall St. thing is now owned by the WEF. Everybody has their price.

How long ago did Tom Brokaw do the WW2 Vets were the Greatest Generation thing? Today they were evil racists.

Cloward-Piven, Kalergi Plan, Cultural Marxism, etc., it's all kinda of the same thing. Global Slavery to the Central Bankers. But you have to get rid of one pesky group of people to acheive it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQv-19e0zQ

Old 04-09-2024, 04:19 PM

1,051 posts, read 796,636 times
Quote:

_______

The press is gone.
Your tax dollars at work........

Old 04-09-2024, 04:54 PM

6,568 posts, read 6,732,860 times
It's nice to see this NPR writer expose Russiagate for the deep-state fraud it was.

Still...NPR is corrupt beyond saving. It, like many "news outlets," is a perversion of the 4th estate.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:07 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
He said the quiet part out loud...

NPR journalists sit on their hands and pretend not to see/hear the truth about Russiagate, nor do they admit that Biden's laptop was real and authentic and full of compromising info about Biden, all because doing so would "help Trump".

So much for journalists seeking the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media