Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 05:47 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,270,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April2020 View Post
Why would I need this challenge? I'll take anything else but this. I see the lives that others lead and they just don't seem to have this type of crazy problem or 'test.' This is debilitating because I feel so low.

You said that I should not let it ruin my life, but it's too late, it already has. I have lived like this for a number of years. I'm tired of this lifestyle. I'm just not strong enough to deal with this anymore. I JUST WANT TO BE A NORMAL PERSON AND HAVE NORMAL INTERACTIONS!!!!!!
How bad are we talking? It sounds amusing but honestly I imagine it must be pretty terrible. That totally stinks! Lol sorry, I'll stop now.

So the docs have no cure? Have they given it a name? There's no surgery you can do?

I just had an idea, might sound stupid...how about covering up your mouth as much as possible and breathing through your nose? When you talk to people try to keep a distance?

Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 PM

10,448 posts, read 12,499,927 times
Quote:
Why would I need this challenge? I'll take anything else but this. I see the lives that others lead and they just don't seem to have this type of crazy problem or 'test.' This is debilitating because I feel so low.

You said that I should not let it ruin my life, but it's too late, it already has. I have lived like this for a number of years. I'm tired of this lifestyle. I'm just not strong enough to deal with this anymore. I JUST WANT TO BE A NORMAL PERSON AND HAVE NORMAL INTERACTIONS!!!!!!
Trust me when I say I can totally relate. Please read the link I posted, especially the essay called "Rising Above". It's on the very first page.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Trust me when I say I can totally relate. Please read the link I posted, especially the essay called "Rising Above". It's on the very first page.
Yeah if anyone on CD has had it tough it's nim. I admire her strength and courage .

Old 01-23-2012, 05:51 PM

16 posts, read 86,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How bad are we talking? It sounds amusing but honestly I imagine it must be pretty terrible. That totally stinks! Lol sorry, I'll stop now.

So the docs have no cure? Have they given it a name? There's no surgery you can do?

I just had an idea, might sound stupid...how about covering up your mouth as much as possible and breathing through your nose? When you talk to people try to keep a distance?

Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
thank you for posting the blog. I read it, but to be honest, it has no impact on me. I'm just too far gone. but thanks.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Perhaps a life as a hermit? Well it's better than feeling like a total leper around people.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,306,647 times
Quote:
I had thyroid surgery. Recently, I had numerous x-rays on my neck and chest. Unfortunately, the doc told me all is well. I even went to an allergist.. Once again, he told me that all was good. I even had my stool examined for pathogens. And I gave up my favorite foods and sweets. And all for what??? I still have BB, no friends, no social life and no boyfriend.

I fantasize about having fresh breath. I close my eyes and just wish that I was never afflicted with this. I guess I'm just cursed. I am not sure why God hates me.

Ah, okay. For nodes? Hot or cold? Did you get iodine treatment? Or was it cancer?

A few more questions, and please bear with, because I have no way of knowing any of this:

Do you still have your tonsils? If so, have you ever noticed white chunks in the crevices? Those would be tonsil stones, and they can be foul. I used to get them in my teens, before I had my tonsils out.

Has an ear-nose-throat doctor (otolaryngologist) ever scoped your sinuses? Not just looked up the nose or in the ears, but scoped the sinus cavity to see if there are any polyps or cysts? Generally, if they're huge, they'll show up on a dental x-ray, but not every dentist catches them. An MRI of your head would reveal them, for sure.

Do you take decongestants? Other meds?

Feel free to answer in a DM if you're more comfortable with that. Heck, I would be.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Perhaps a life as a hermit? Well it's better than feeling like a total leper around people.
I'm already a hermit. I go to work, and come home. If it wasn't for work and grocery shopping, I would never go out.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 PM

10,448 posts, read 12,499,927 times
Quote:
thank you for posting the blog. I read it, but to be honest, it has no impact on me. I'm just too far gone. but thanks.
Okay. Well I just hope you realize it for yourself, in your own time, because it will end up setting you free.

You're not too far gone. You might not have faith in yourself, but I have faith in you.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Ah, okay. For nodes? Hot or cold? Did you get iodine treatment? Or was it cancer?

A few more questions, and please bear with, because I have no way of knowing any of this:

Do you still have your tonsils? If so, have you ever noticed white chunks in the crevices? Those would be tonsil stones, and they can be foul. I used to get them in my teens, before I had my tonsils out.

Has an ear-nose-throat doctor (otolaryngologist) ever scoped your sinuses? Not just looked up the nose or in the ears, but scoped them to see if there are any polyps or cysts? Generally, if they're huge, they'll show up on a dental x-ray, but not every dentist catches them. An MRI of your head would reveal them, for sure.

Do you take decongestants? Other meds?

Feel free to answer in a DM if you're more comfortable with that. Heck, I would be.
I have tonsils. I don't suffer from sinus problems or decongestion. I am not on any meds, besides thyroid hormone. Three years ago, I looked into removing them, but my doctor wouldn't, because he said they were not infected. I do not have tonsiloths at all, so I know that's not the problem.

Truthfully, I've become so tired of doctors, but I will look into the polyps, there's a possibility that food may be getting trapped. I mentioned this to various doctors a while back, but they insisted that the x-rays were normal. I had an MRI and various other medical 'procedures,' but they haven't found anything. To make matters worst, they act as though it's all in my head. But trust me, I am not imagining how people react to my bad breath. It's not all in my head!!

I need to find a new dentist, primary care physician, ENT and GI doc ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health