Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 08:37 AM

101 posts, read 117,128 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, I have been on 100mg a day of ritalin since March. I am leaving for Vermont tomorrow for 9 days and my pharmacy will not renew my prescription until the 27th(state law) . I've called in advance to a couple of pharmacys in vermont and both of them said they may not have it in stock on that date due to the holiday (and that they didn't have any in stock now)

It's not a disaster, I'm not looking to get over on the law but I also don't want to drive from pharmacy to pharmacy as I'm going to be extremely busy with a client and it's not like NYC where I have a pharmacy on every other block. I'm concerned that I will have to go without my medication from wednesday until I return Monday.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this and if there were any other legal measures to take. I left a message with my doctor already but I'd like some other advice, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 07:16 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,340,776 times
Ritalin is highly regulated, so probably the only solution will be through your doctor. There are medical situations like this, which come up, in which it is *impossible* to have any "common sense" resolution. You are in-between a rock and a hard place!

I just went 'round and 'round with a stubborn "by the book" nurse at an outpatient surgery section of a hospital. I wanted to get any prescriptions I might need after surgery ahead of time - she said I could not do that. I asked if I could be wheeled in a wheel chair to the pharmacy after my surgery - she said they could only wheel people to the front door of the hospital. I asked if they could pick up my prescription for me and take my card to pay for it - she said they could send someone to pick it up, but they could not take my card with them! Arrrrrrgggggggg!!!!

Old 05-31-2014, 04:44 AM

101 posts, read 117,128 times
It worked out. The Walgreens in Burlington held it for me and I picked it up. I guess I became a little spoiled living in Manhattan where we have a duane reade on just about every other corner.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:41 AM

87 posts, read 81,243 times
How would I go about getting my prescription seeing that I'll be coming from a foreign country with no medical history in the US? Give him the proof of my current prescriptions and maybe a letter from my doc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health