Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 10:43 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Did you check your thyroid ?
Thank you for suggesting it. I have had my thyroid checked in the past and it is just fine but I am overdue for a checkup so it is always possible.

I have not noticed any substantial changes as a result of the probiotics but I believe in them in general so I'll keep taking them. I have also recently added Abilify to my meds and it seems to be helping somewhat.

I eat very little yogurt because of the sugar, but the kinds of bacteria in yogurt are not what is recommended for emotional health anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 12:18 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,921 times
I’m sorry to hear you didn’t notice a difference, but definitely commend you for trying. Anyway I hope you are feeling better.

Old 10-20-2021, 03:45 AM

7 posts, read 4,133 times
Nice to read your post..

Stay updated about your health because if you will get benefit from it then I should suggest it to my friend.

Hope this working, great to go....Best luck!!!

Old 10-21-2021, 10:58 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
https://www.healthline.com/health/pr...ion#how-to-try

I'm leaving no stone unturned in my quest to conquer depression. So now I am trying some probiotics. I bought some sort of expensive pre/probiotics at the suggestion of my daughter.

Have you tried CBT then?

Old 10-23-2021, 02:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Sluggish thyroid was the big issue on 10 yrs of clinical depression. Docs for years missed it and kept slapping A/D drugs in me. Took a great D.O. in my life to "fix me"....

Old 10-28-2021, 03:19 PM

356 posts, read 284,750 times
even if your GP tells you your thyroid is normal, I doubt he/she ran a full thyroid panel - and even if they did, probably wouldn't know how to properly evaluate the labs. your best bet is to see someone who specializes in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. not that you will need BHRT, but these practitioners will be much more thorough as hormones is their area of expertise. and I don't mean HRT! you want someone who deals with bio-identicals or, natural replacement therapies (good) as opposed to synthetics (bad).

and finally, if your thyroid is really okay: ditch gluten. seriously. i gave up gluten and inside just a couple of weeks it was like a dark cloud lifted. i'd also been walking around with brain fog I didn't know I had, until I didn't.

Old 10-28-2021, 03:31 PM

Dr. Wallach preaches "get off gluten". I do a good job at it but not perfect.

And even IF labs are OK in doctor's world, one often needs a boost of support. We are not numbers.

Old 10-28-2021, 04:12 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Dr. Wallach preaches "get off gluten". I do a good job at it but not perfect.

And even IF labs are OK in doctor's world, one often needs a boost of support. We are not numbers.

No we are not, but numbers can help separate fact from fiction.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:46 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Awesome!

Thank you for sharing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
https://www.healthline.com/health/pr...ion#how-to-try

I'm leaving no stone unturned in my quest to conquer depression. So now I am trying some probiotics. I bought some sort of expensive pre/probiotics at the suggestion of my daughter. She started taking them and lost 30 lbs in 4 months. I hardly recognize her! I try not to eat too much yogurt because I am allergic to cows milk and it tends to be high in sugar.

Then I started reading about Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium which unfortunately were not what I had already purchased so i bought something different and plan to alternate them until the first bottle is gone.

There doesn't seem to be a downside so I figured it is worth a shot!

Probiotics allegedly help depression by:
producing and expressing neurotransmitters that can affect appetite, mood, or sleep habits
reducing inflammation in your body, which can contribute to depression
affecting cognitive function and your response to stress

Old 10-30-2021, 05:21 PM

Since I question EVERYTHING, they tell us about us, and since the D.O. who "fixed" me with no labs, nadda, but the old time methods doctors used before the medical labs, try small doses of support with their patients who come with a load of issues and go from there, starting with low doses and going up as needed. He was a god send and worked into his 90's. He knew.

I question the lab rules. My parents lived long times and not many labs in their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health