Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 06:30 PM

317 posts, read 310,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
You need to get a consultation with her doctor — the one she alleges has diagnosed cancer — and get confirmation of that condition. Tell her if she refuses to agree to that, you will leave her. If she admits that she falsified that she has cancer, start planning your escape. If she has cancer, stick it out. You don’t have to get divorced. You can get a legal separation so she can stay on your insurance. You need to find a way out. Also, see if you can find a caregiver support group.
I definitely will get confirmation soon - one way or the other. It's just not the right time at the moment. I have looked into finding a support group - not sure how interested I am in it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 02:49 PM

15,256 posts, read 13,074,211 times
Quote:
I've seen the x-rays and MRIs and whatever else. I know the physical things are/were there. I've seen the scans of her knees and know the arthritis was there - don't think many orthopedic surgeons at a major hospital would be willing to do knee replacements if they weren't needed.
You might be surprised.

I have one knee that has no cartilage at all. The other has some cartilage left. I estimate my walking ability at about 80% of what it was when I had two healthy knees. I have arthritis, but only minor pain. I can get total knee replacements scheduled any time I want.

That's the thing about pain: No one can prove you don't have it.

Old 02-15-2022, 03:28 PM

7,411 posts, read 4,742,177 times
Your wife is using you. People like that always seem to do fine. I doubt she has cancer. Find out and then when you see it’s a lie leave and save yourself.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,338,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I know this goes against everything you believe, but you've got to save yourself. Your wife's stories don't hold water. You know that now. Her behavior towards you is only going to get worse because she's not getting the attention she wants.

I'm sorry you got taken in. Men have that protective instinct, bless 'em. Even my spouse, who is the least affectionate person I know, has that instinct kick in from time to time.

You owe it to yourself to live a better life in the time that's remaining. That's NOT quitting, that's detaching yourself from a scammer. Don't worry about your wife. I expect she will find a way to cope, probably latch onto some other guy. Perhaps you and your lawyer can put together a divorce settlement with a small limited-time stipend for her.

While writing this I had the idle thought of "What would happen if the OP put in a couple of hidden internet cameras? What would he see happening while he's at work?"
Good thought, Fluffy. I think his wife is a grifter.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:39 PM

317 posts, read 310,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
That's the thing about pain: No one can prove you don't have it.
This is true, and pain affects everyone differently. She happens to have a very low pain tolerance but a high tolerance for medication. Been that way since she was young. Not a good combination.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:00 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,428,934 times
Oh my dear. You are so miserable. You sure put up with a lot.

Sorry to say your wife acts just like an addict does.Mental illness is tricky but when there are so many other problems to go with it.... I gather she is taking pain pills. Well we know she is addicted to them. Is it possible she is complaining so she can be sure to gt her prescriptions refilled?

Some people just want a mommy or daddy and get married to people who are the sensitive care-givers.
They are frightened of being alone. They spot a prospect and start grooming them.

I am sorry for you but now you should get a separation and let wife work it out herself. You need a break.
It's not a good marriage when you are being treated so poorly that you cannot thrive. You deserve to flourish.

I agree that a camera set-up might help straighten things out for you. You'd have the truth one way or the other and might find it easier to plan forward.

Could it be you are afraid to be alone?

Good luck.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:29 PM

17,774 posts, read 13,577,264 times
I would insist on going to oncologist with her to hear for yourself. IMHO, you are being played. If she refuses, talk to an attorney for options

You also need to install more cameras because you are not in home 24/7

In the little I read here, you are being used and it will never end unless you pull the pin and get a divorce NOW,

Old 02-24-2022, 09:09 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,594,878 times
cant you just leave her?
You make a mistake ,you have to dig yourself out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health