Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 4,179 times

Advertisements

I plan to rent an apt. For myself and my dog in Playas de Tijuana in October & November. I have my SENTRI card and will get dogs paperwork in order for coming back into San Diego. I'll be driving across border a few times a week for work in SD.

Does anyone have recommendations/contacts for moving truck such as uhaul that can cross? It is an unfurnished apt so I'll be bringing bed, small fridge, etc.

Recommendations for reliable dog-sitter when I leave her for a day or two?

Also, my dog is an Australlian Shepherd. Well cared for but not purebred or monetarily valuable. Is she likely to get dog-napped or anything? Sounds silly but she is my best friend and I won't risk her well being.

Thank you for any advice you may feel moved to ad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 09:38 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
There's someone that has his own business moving people to/from Mexico. If you send me a DM, I'll give you his name and number. He's moved me twice, he owns his own trailers, and is reasonable and reliable. You can't take a Uhaul truck across the border, so forget that.

If you join the Find it Baja Norte FB group you'll get tons of advice and information.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:54 PM

5 posts, read 4,179 times
Gracias! I'll send you my info and check out FB.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:13 PM

8 posts, read 15,413 times
Hi, I'm looking also for a reliable moving person or business. Can you pass the info also? Thanks

Old 05-31-2016, 11:21 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,568,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJoanie View Post
It is an unfurnished apt so I'll be bringing bed, small fridge, etc.
Consider buying furniture in Rosarito. I came across the border once with an entire truck full to the brim full of stuff, and my US license plate was stolen. I was dreading the border crossing since I imagined my stuff being pulled apart and every cavity searched. The girl from DHS just laughed at me and waived me through.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:45 PM

8 posts, read 15,413 times
I bought some furniture already, and hiring Danny for the move. How long ago was your plates stolen? Was it recent?

Old 08-26-2020, 12:33 PM

4 posts, read 4,781 times
How was living in playas like? was it safe (positive/negative experiences share them?) thanks

Old 08-28-2020, 09:44 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique1904 View Post
How was living in playas like? was it safe (positive/negative experiences share them?) thanks
I did not live in Playas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico