Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 12:24 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,479,809 times

Advertisements

OK well, I'm just gonna chime in on this one time quick and leave it at that. Everyone here knows I love Miami. However, this feeding frenzy you people are doing on JMLACYSR is pathetic.

First of all, you are ALL WRONG. There is no question whatsoever that day to day life in retail business Dallas vs Miami is day vs night. Whether you understand or don't, and Chelito you should chime in here too, people from Dallas enjoy courteous, friendly, professional service in business as a rule. Please, thank you, nice to see you, easy refund, yes that's in stock, yes we can help you with that, it's priced as marked, adequately staffed, safe, clean, did I say courteous?

Boston is a few notches down from Dallas in service, but definitely significantly better than Miami.

Miami is a beautiful place with beautiful people who are fun. I love Miami for that. However things that typically occur in Miami customer service would attract law enforcement elsewhere.

I've been reading JM's story since day one. Clearly he's made a few mistakes, but just as clearly he's a decent guy doing the best he can. You people are not helping here.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:07 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,253,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
OK well, I'm just gonna chime in on this one time quick and leave it at that. Everyone here knows I love Miami. However, this feeding frenzy you people are doing on JMLACYSR is pathetic.

First of all, you are ALL WRONG. There is no question whatsoever that day to day life in retail business Dallas vs Miami is day vs night. Whether you understand or don't, and Chelito you should chime in here too, people from Dallas enjoy courteous, friendly, professional service in business as a rule. Please, thank you, nice to see you, easy refund, yes that's in stock, yes we can help you with that, it's priced as marked, adequately staffed, safe, clean, did I say courteous?

Boston is a few notches down from Dallas in service, but definitely significantly better than Miami.

Miami is a beautiful place with beautiful people who are fun. I love Miami for that. However things that typically occur in Miami customer service would attract law enforcement elsewhere.

I've been reading JM's story since day one. Clearly he's made a few mistakes, but just as clearly he's a decent guy doing the best he can. You people are not helping here.
People living in Miami that DO NOT travel outside of Florida or even outside of South Florida do not realize the difference in standards. I agree, especially when it comes to professionalism, level of service, and being courteous. Over the years I have come to realize the drastic differences in general. Lets put it this way, if the way some of these businesses and employees that conduct day to day business in Miami were to be conducting it in many different cities across the US, they would be out of business, and many of these employees will be out of work or would quickly get an attitude adjustment; this lack of professionalism that is prevalent in Miami will just simply not be tolerated in many other areas.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:44 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
This post was over-exaggerated and obviously a fraud and troll post. There is NO way that you got counterfeit money from an ATM. Do you really think we're that stupid? You don't like Miami, don't stay there! It's quite simple.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:55 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,110,674 times
In terms of service and professionalism, you have to compare Miami to any International and Cosmopolitan city inhabited by different nationalities.

You can't compare Miami to Dallas, St. Louis or any similar parochial city inhabited by monolingual Americans that haven't seen a foreign tourist in ages.

You have to compare Miami with NY, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Rome or Buenos Aires.

Everybody in the entire world knows that Miami and NY don't have much to do with the rest of the country, that's why they go there.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:21 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,201,590 times
I heard Frankfurt and Sydney are also cosmopolitan.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:50 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,253,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
In terms of service and professionalism, you have to compare Miami to any International and Cosmopolitan city inhabited by different nationalities.

You can't compare Miami to Dallas, St. Louis or any similar parochial city inhabited by monolingual Americans that haven't seen a foreign tourist in ages.

You have to compare Miami with NY, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Rome or Buenos Aires.

Everybody in the entire world knows that Miami and NY don't have much to do with the rest of the country, that's why they go there.
That's nonsense. Poor excuse to justify poor standards. Unless you want to compare Miami to a 3rd world country. If you do, then yes we have above average service then.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:58 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
That's nonsense. Poor excuse to justify poor standards. Unless you want to compare Miami to a 3rd world country. If you do, then yes we have above average service then.
Good post !!!!

Old 12-25-2010, 08:02 AM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,190,851 times
I just completed a survey of how cosmopolitan selected cites are, and here are the results (higher number = more cosmopolitan):

Peoria: 66,000
New York: 325,000
Barcelona: 609,000
Madrid: 665,000
Frankfurt: 679,000
Dallas: 785,000
Buenos Aires: 964,000
Miami: 1,170,000
Sydney: 1,300,000
Rome: 1,880,000
Des Moines: 2,160,000

(margin of error: + or - 4%)

So there you have it, Miami is more cosmopolitan than Dallas or New York, but not as much as Sydney or Des Moines.

(Oh, in case you're wondering, I did this survey the same way any respectable modern news organization would today, I Googled the city name followed by "cosmopolitan", e.g. "Miami cosmopolitan", and "Des Moines cosmopolitan")

Old 12-25-2010, 08:21 AM

Des Moines more cosmopolitan than New York and Madrid?

Well, I guess it's true. So... this is the feeling one gets when your mom tells you she was a man after all.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Poor excuse to justify standards? maybe
Compare it to a 3rd world country? huh... What would you know about the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami