Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 10:52 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,491,246 times

Advertisements

Hi.

I would like to know why employees have 2 different busses, the employee shuttle has more employees on them than the park 8 bus. Does anyone who works at M.I.A can tell me why can't all employees ride the park 8 shuttle? Or is it for 'Special employees?' Thanks .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 09:14 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,886 times
It is a shift end and they all have to get the last train to metro rail or have family drive them home. What we do for our working poor is pitiful.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:18 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,886 times
Because it is cut off for them, I have no idea why this bothers you but these folks need a way home. I am almost upset with you even thinking that this is a problem in the current Miami climate. Btw I am a white woman that thinks you are being out of line.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:30 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,938,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Hi.

I would like to know why employees have 2 different busses, the employee shuttle has more employees on them than the park 8 bus. Does anyone who works at M.I.A can tell me why can't all employees ride the park 8 shuttle? Or is it for 'Special employees?' Thanks .
There is only about 36,000 people employed at the airport if I am not mistaken

Old 08-21-2015, 05:18 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,841 times
The reason that there's 2 different buses is because the Park 8 shuttle goes to the park 8 garage. The employee bus goes to the employee lot which isn't near the park 8 garage.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:56 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,491,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Because it is cut off for them, I have no idea why this bothers you but these folks need a way home. I am almost upset with you even thinking that this is a problem in the current Miami climate. Btw I am a white woman that thinks you are being out of line.
What the hell is your problem? Where did i put in my original post that this bothered me? I was just asking a question as to why some certain MIA employees have 2 buses and you come in here with this crap.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:28 PM

179 posts, read 325,297 times
The Park 8 shuttle is for only the employees that have special permits to park in the Park 8 garage (CBP, some TSA, some MDAD employees, etc.). Employees that do not have the correct ID or a permit to park in Park 8 aren't allowed to ride the Park 8 bus.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,382 times
Hello, i have a serious complain abuot one of your drivers,she drives the park 8 shuttle , she is the one with gray and black hair and made a ponytail,she is so disrespectful wiht the airport workers, even if you tell her that people are runing to get the bus she doesn't wait a second and close the doors and go, people make sings to her and she just turn her sight to the other way and leave people there, it's not fair,because we are tired too, and the only thing that we want when we finish is to take the bus and take 5 min get the car and go home, she doesn't care about anybody, a lot of people dislikes her, and give complains about her with her coworkers i personally called to landside and made a complain about her because she saw me on the bus stop and leave me there for 30 min because her ship was about over, she was there 30 MIN waiting to leave i was late to work just because she didn't want to make another round and go home, so she is stealing time to the company,for her own benefit and causing troubles to those who has to take the bus in order to get to the airport, not for traveling , FOR WORK. i think you have to take it into consideration, it's not the firs time.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:01 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,354,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia1985 View Post
Hello, i have a serious complain abuot one of your drivers,she drives the park 8 shuttle , she is the one with gray and black hair and made a ponytail,she is so disrespectful wiht the airport workers, even if you tell her that people are runing to get the bus she doesn't wait a second and close the doors and go, people make sings to her and she just turn her sight to the other way and leave people there, it's not fair,because we are tired too, and the only thing that we want when we finish is to take the bus and take 5 min get the car and go home, she doesn't care about anybody, a lot of people dislikes her, and give complains about her with her coworkers i personally called to landside and made a complain about her because she saw me on the bus stop and leave me there for 30 min because her ship was about over, she was there 30 MIN waiting to leave i was late to work just because she didn't want to make another round and go home, so she is stealing time to the company,for her own benefit and causing troubles to those who has to take the bus in order to get to the airport, not for traveling , FOR WORK. i think you have to take it into consideration, it's not the firs time.
Seriously? This is a forum for people moving/ traveling to Miami or locals looking for recommendations. Call the airport with your complaint.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:32 AM

21 posts, read 13,042 times
Most probz staff bus for late shift workers. They have no other way of getting home except this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: