Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:28 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times

Advertisements

the japanese hate it here. ive never met one who liked it. they are quiet and mild mannered. they absolutely loathe japanese who were born and raised in south america and dont consider them true japanese because they are loud. in prior decades the japanese tried to snap up properties in miami and decided against it. they OWN hawaii though. which actually is paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 12:26 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Di Meo View Post
It pretty much goes like this:

Groups that will generally like living in Miami:

South America
Europe
Central America
Caribbean
Hispanic USA
Canada
Australia
South Africa
Southeast Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, etc.)
India
Middle East / Turkey

Groups that generally don´t like living in Miami:

Pretty much most of non-Spanish speaking USA outside of Miami-Dade, including California except for...

Groups that like Miami, but don´t like to admit it, because they are constantly complaining that it is inferior to New York

New Yorkers

I am not sure about the following groups:

North & Central Africa
China & Japan
I was only puzzled by Canada liking it in the above list, then realized you have an NHL hockey team there now. LOL!

Old 12-08-2013, 08:54 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Groups that will generally like living in Miami:

South America
Europe
Central America
Caribbean
Hispanic USA
Canada
Australia
South Africa
Southeast Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, etc.)
India
Middle East / Turkey

Groups that generally don´t like living in Miami:

Pretty much most of non-Spanish speaking USA outside of Miami-Dade, including California except for...

Groups that like Miami, but don´t like to admit it, because they are constantly complaining that it is inferior to New York

New Yorkers

^^^I can totally see this! LOL! Sounds like paradise!

Old 12-08-2013, 09:53 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I was only puzzled by Canada liking it in the above list, then realized you have an NHL hockey team there now. LOL!
We have had one for over 20 years now. Lots of Canadians especially French Canadians spend half the year down here or even live here full time. After Georgia License Plates I will say Quebec is the most popular out of state license plate to see down here.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 AM

536 posts, read 822,571 times
Default compared to Rio Grande Valley

I have been reading this thread and there are so many posts about how Miami is not like the rest of the United States and that it is a "shock" to Americans, Americans won't like it, and so forth. People say the same things about the Rio Grand Valley in Texas. That it feels like a foreign country and completely different culture...
I wonder if anybody posting on the Miami forum has any experience with the Rio Grand Valley to make some comparison.
thanks.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:36 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Miami is a great city to visit, living here is a different situation. It is only the the number 1 tourist destination in the U.S. , so they are doing something right, the novelty wears off after living here over time for some but that can be anywhere.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
We have had one for over 20 years now. Lots of Canadians especially French Canadians spend half the year down here or even live here full time. After Georgia License Plates I will say Quebec is the most popular out of state license plate to see down here.

???????????????????????????

Old 12-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
???????????????????????????
I am not sure what ??????? means but yes. After Georgia license plates, Quebec is the most popular out of state license plate I see down here. I see a ton of Georgia plates down here for two reasons. One it is of course the closet state to Miami so there are plenty of people who will make Miami part of their road trip. Also because it is Florida's biggest border state there are a ton of rental cars down here with Georgia plates.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:12 PM

hmm, ok... I know a lot of ppl from GA and just thought NY/NJ would be 1st and 2nd. Last would be places like GA, SC, NC. So you saying GA just kinda threw me off, but all good man, I believe you, just very surprised.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
hmm, ok... I know a lot of ppl from GA and just thought NY/NJ would be 1st and 2nd. Last would be places like GA, SC, NC. So you saying GA just kinda threw me off, but all good man, I believe you, just very surprised.
I think it has more to do with the rental cars than the actual people. Certainly more people from NJ and NY traveling down here but not driving down here. The reason you see so many Quebec and other Canadian plates is because they drive down here because many have winter homes here. So they take their cars down. I feel like the Northeasterners who do have homes down here just keep a car down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami