Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2006, 08:55 AM

6 posts, read 35,781 times

Advertisements

I"m new so please don't spank me with etaquette (or spelling:-) woes. I'm looking at a job vacancy in Middleville, MI and was wondering if anybody is from there or around there or knows anything about the area...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2006, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 9,099 times
I live between Middleville and Freeport. Both great places - but then again I've never lived anywhere but rural...

What would you like to know?

The area is quiet, good hunting, fishing and camping in the area...the area is really getting built up and is losing the "country" atmosphere...

Old 03-27-2006, 01:08 PM

6 posts, read 35,781 times
Hi and thanks for your reply. Do you mean built up like Meijers and WalMart or not so much yet? Are the towns clean (litter, etc.), are the folks friendly, that sort of thing.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:40 PM

38 posts, read 105,829 times
Cool Misplaced resident

I grew up in this area and was surprised to find that after a 25 year absence, not much has changed. I don't know everyone that lives here but in general, find that many are very conservative and extremely family oriented. If you don't fit a certain mold or conform to mid-western values, you won't be happy here. They tend to be very small minded on many levels, thus very judgemental. If you subscribe to that way of thinking, then this is the place for you. Everyone needs to find their niche in life...maybe this is yours. I tend to be pro-active and less judgemental. You know, "live and let live".

Additionally, there's not much to do here. Unfortunately, I'm bored most of the time. Most local establishments allow smoking and in this day and age, I find that activity to be very outdated, especially in light of all the negative health data on smoking. Oh well, they're gonna do what they're gonna do...regardless.

A great area for me to live, is a non-smoking area, where everyone gets along and people are friendly (many are not here, you have to prove yourself first). Where one gets off being that arrogant, is beyond me. Where open dialogue is prevelent on many issues and where people make ascerted efforts to be kind to one another. I don't get that feeling here and would like very much to leave...have any suggestions? Boy, it might have been a mistake to ask that question on this public forum!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan