Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 04:57 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Spring break wasn’t 2 weeks ago so the results were seeing are not from Spring break
Was Spring Break the only time people traveled to Florida in 2020 and 2021? For what it's worth, Spring break was different for different places.
Quote:
Also a lot of people that live in different parts of FL go to spring break. People in Jacksonville go to Miami. So FL should be seeing in an increase too they are not
My point is that people come to Florida on vacation. It's not just Floridians who vacation within the state. However, not a lot of people come to Michigan on vacation, especially in the winter.
Quote:
I agree MS has had a lot of deaths but there cases are now low. Also no restrictions. So why are there cases low now?
Because they don't test. This is the last time I'm going to say this. MS is one of the lowest-testing and highest-death states in the country. You want to look at them as an example? Be my guest. I'm done wasting my time on Mississippi.
Quote:
I have to believe Cleveland is similar to Detroit and Flint. I don’t know for a fact.
Cleveland is similar to Detroit. Flint is below them both. But we are no longer discussing poverty. I've conceded that point.
Quote:
Of course seniors are not the only ones at risk but they made up 80 percent of deaths. It’s hard for me to understand how you can’t see the wrong doing in the nursing home procedures. I have a feeling if it was Republican governor who did it you would feel different
Once it is conclusively proven, I will see it and acknowledge it. It hasn't been, so I am not going to listen to you and people like you, who make things political when they don't need to be, as a voice of reason and authority, because, frankly, you have none.

On the subject of 80% of deaths being seniors, that's not true in all cases. In fact, in Michigan and Florida the number is higher, around 83%. In Mississippi, on the other hand, it's 77%. These differences matter.
Quote:
In overall cases yes better then those 3 for now. I don’t know TX deaths but FL deaths are higher. If our numbers keep going up like the past 5 weeks we will be higher cases then them.
I don't even know what you're responding to anymore, but sure, I'll play along. So what should we do to make sure we don't keep going like the past five weeks?
Quote:
It’s just delayed. These states faced the surge early when they opened and now we have the surge. Hopefully if people get vaccinated we won’t have the same extreme amount of cases but right now is not looking good
That's the point I can't stress enough: if the spike is delayed until we have vaccination critical mass, we may have many cases (driven now more by teenagers, some of whom are too young to be vaccinated, but who are getting tested increasingly often), but they are going to be milder and we are going to lose far fewer people than if we had a spike earlier in the year when Whitmer hit "pause". I would have thought this was obvious.
Quote:
Also though I’m glad Whitmer is not shutting things down it again shows how her decisions don’t make sense. 6300 cases open 500 or less this summer kept things closed
There's a very simple answer to this, but you continue to ignore it, so I'm going to say it louder: WE DID NOT HAVE THE VACCINE IN THE SUMMER. WE DO NOW.

Last edited by highlanderfil; 03-31-2021 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 04:59 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
No, you said Florida's death rate was four times Michigan's, when in reality, Florida's rate is actually lower than Michigan's.
If you're going to try to argue with me, at least know what point it is you're trying to refute. I never said Florida's death rate was lower than Michigan's overall. In fact, I said the exact opposite. Numerous times. What you're referring to is Florida's trailing 7-day death rate, which is, yes, higher than Michigan's. Right now it stands at 74 vs 25 for Michigan. So, three, not four times.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:27 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
I see that now. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan