Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 PM

121 posts, read 175,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Oh, mid Mich? Whereabouts?
Houghton Lake area. Where're you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,093,726 times
Quote:
Still baffled about that Granderson deal.
Me too.

A great ballplayer and a great all around guy.

Last I heard he was still planning to keep up on his projects in the Motown area.

I hope he has a great year, even if he's with those pesky Yankees.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
But Johnny Damon will be a shot in the arm. Get your tickets early if he is on his game this year. Between him, Mags, and the young guys, this promises to be one heck of a year. Come on, spring!!!!!
I agree.

Tigers pitching will get 'em in the World Series though.....

Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squab View Post
Houghton Lake area.

I love your neck of the woods. I've caught some nice pike up there and have always had a blast in that area.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squab View Post
Houghton Lake area. Where're you?
Little town, between Flint and Lansing. I thought you were closer when you said mid MI. I consider your area north Mi.! Love that area!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Me too.

A great ballplayer and a great all around guy.

Last I heard he was still planning to keep up on his projects in the Motown area.

I hope he has a great year, even if he's with those pesky Yankees.
Yeah, Granderson has huge upside, and still young. Damon is a good ball player, and I liked him more when he was with the Red Sox, but when you sign someone to a one year deal, they really have nothing to play for, and he is still getting his 8 mil. Granderson had the speed you need in the leadoff spot, and if Damon is gonna lead off thats a huge difference in speed. well, see how the pitching turns out. If they can pitch, they should be ok.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 AM

Well, looking at the long range 15 day weather outlook...looks like almost every day will be above freezing, with many 40 degree temps.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:32 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Little town, between Flint and Lansing. I thought you were closer when you said mid MI. I consider your area north Mi.! Love that area!
You must be real close to me, my mid mich town could be described that way too, although im prob north of you. Your right, id consider Houghton lake more north than mid. Could go either way.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,004,414 times
Quote:
Yeah, Granderson has huge upside, and still young. Damon is a good ball player, and I liked him more when he was with the Red Sox, but when you sign someone to a one year deal, they really have nothing to play for, and he is still getting his 8 mil. Granderson had the speed you need in the leadoff spot, and if Damon is gonna lead off thats a huge difference in speed. well, see how the pitching turns out. If they can pitch, they should be ok.

If the Tigers had nothing to play for than they would've have signed Damon. Granderson was turning 30 and appeared to be in decline. The Tigers netted some good young prospects like Sherzer which wouldn't have happened without Granderson going to New York and Kennedy going from New York to Arizona. Granderson was also slated to make 13 million at the end of his contract. This freed up cash for the Verlander extension and future signings. Damon still has good speed and better OBP skills.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:55 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,004,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I love your neck of the woods. I've caught some nice pike up there and have always had a blast in that area.

Take a look at the lake during Bud Bash I like sex as much as the next guy, but do people really need to fornicate in the lake? I guess this is a positive if you like a redneck Mardis Gras. I've been flashed a couple times on 55 during Bud Bash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan