Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2023, 10:19 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times

Advertisements

Being in the system for many years and filing for Agent Orange Exposure from my time in Viet Nam and finding out that I was exposed and had to wait almost a year for a decision , and now filing for PACT ACT 2021 presumptive diseases and now finding out 5-6 months later, everyone who filed under PACT ACT 2021 in fall of 2022 now will have to with till sometime in late January 2023 before your PACT ACT 2021 case will be processed.
I this true? anyone with information on this please post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 02:42 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,006,984 times
Was yours standard or FDC? Have you had a C&P exam?

Those with established supporting history with the VA health care system and/or have completed their C&P exam and it supports their claim, are just waiting in line for their case to rise to the top of the heap for review. Anytime there is an opening of presumptive disabilities, you will have everyone who comes close to any requirement filing claims.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Was yours standard or FDC? Have you had a C&P exam?

Those with established supporting history with the VA health care system and/or have completed their C&P exam and it supports their claim, are just waiting in line for their case to rise to the top of the heap for review. Anytime there is an opening of presumptive disabilities, you will have everyone who comes close to any requirement filing claims.

My claim came after 265 days of waiting for Agent Orange Exposure, which I have been screaming about for over 50 years. Everyone tells me. The Navy never used Agent Orange so you can't be exposed, so for 45 plus years all Naval personnel could not fill for Agent Orange if they were off the Coast of Vietnam, Then the former president signed the Blue Water Navy Bill HR299 in July 2019. This allowed all Naval personnel to file for exposure if they had a presumptive condition, I filed for presumptive disease under that bill, at that time I was told NO! You have no symptoms. Jump forward to 2021 I find out from my VA Doc you have an enlarged. prostate so we play games for the next 8-9 months and no one. Wanted to help. in March 2022 I find the Patient Care Act 2019 saying if you're a Veteran "YOU" have the right to be treated with in 20 miles or 25 minutes of your home address. Then I find out the VA Doc just did what he wanted to do disregard any protocol along with several other staff members assigned to him. Then I also find out digging into my medical records the prostate had been on the rise for at least 18 months or longer. So, figuring all that the Doc delayed my cancer care by at least 12-18 months. I did get care. Then after the 265 days of waiting and mad as hell. The service office refiles. Under the PACT ACT for several more claims related to exposure of chemicals. in late August 2022. As of a week ago I checked on these claims, told at that time PACT ACT Claims will be processed January 4, 2023, currently over 100,000 claims in the hopper. No answer from any one on this. I don't know if claims filed in 2022 are being process or claims that got back logged in 2022 are now being shoved over into 2023. For those who don't know or unaware search for Agent Orange Presumptive Diseases and the PACT Act. The PACT ACT is for Veterans that served in the middle east and the "BURN PITS" they were espoused to.

Old 01-17-2023, 03:55 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,006,984 times
The are actually over half a million claims in processing (some multiple on a single person but has to be treated as individual claims due to the medical disability) and it's highly likely they are still working on claims that were filed for issues that are now covered by the PACT Act. I just got my letter saying, we haven't forgotten about you and we are still diligently working on your claim, but sorry things are backlogged so expect delays.

It may be time for you to contact one of your elected federal representatives. May do nothing or it could move your claim up some spots to quiet the squeaky wheel.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:57 AM

I have been waiting on those letters for over two years, from my first filing under HR299 Blue Water Navy Bill and now no letter yet for filing under the PACT ACT multiple cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues