Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,762,588 times

Advertisements

We are leaving tomorrow morning and I know you all enjoy 94 as much we have while we've been here. Our city did a rebuild of the entire downtown freeway that lasted 7 years so we understand... They even blew up (early on Sunday mornings) the bridges and rebuilt them.

We are staying downtown and I have spotted two possible alternatives: Bluemound (18) and Greenfield (59). We are trying to miss the worst of 94 traffic and just want to get out west as far as possible without spending more time on "side roads" than we would on 94.

Is one better/faster than the other?

We appreciate the help.

Tek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 06:57 AM

448 posts, read 1,822,531 times
Bluemound is the quicker route. Once you get in Waukesha County, the speed limit is 45mph and there are four lanes. There are some drivers that can't get their cars up that fast but traffic still moves pretty quick.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:01 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,762,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear_Art View Post
Bluemound is the quicker route. Once you get in Waukesha County, the speed limit is 45mph and there are four lanes. There are some drivers that can't get their cars up that fast but traffic still moves pretty quick.
Thanks. I've been leaning towards that route. I just tweaked Google maps and it shows quite a bit longer for Greenfield, but I also know that Google isn't the best when it comes to accuracy. Locals are always the way to go for information.

I think all cities have some of those drivers.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 AM

358 posts, read 452,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear_Art View Post
There are some drivers that can't get their cars up that fast but traffic still moves pretty quick.
Yes, especially on Bluemound in Brookfield! I think the reason people can't get up to speed on that road is because they're too busy looking at all the stores.

I still haven't figured out Milwaukee traffic. There are roads were everyone consistently speeds, yet the same people will drive slow on a road like Bluemound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee