Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 589 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

My boyfriend just got a great job offer in Milwaukee so we are moving, QUICKLY! We will be moving in a couple of weeks. He's lived in Madison for a while, but I've never been outside big cities (Chicago, LA, Seoul, etc). I know Milwaukee is pretty small in comparison, so I'm not sure of what part of the city may be a bit similar. I would like to find a building with some of the same amenities we have here i.e fitness center, LEED certified, indoor/covered parking, pool, etc. I work from home so it would be great to have a business center as well. We are in our late 20s/early 30s for reference.

I'm looking for suggestions for a relatively safe area with local restaurants, closer or in downtown. Any help would be great, even if it's just suggestions for other things as we are brand new to the city.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 03:55 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,296,251 times
Try River House apts on Water st. Much of what you are looking for.
https://www.apartmenthomeliving.com/...-53202-2621971

What else did apartments.com provide thus far?

Old 10-04-2018, 09:57 PM

3,375 posts, read 2,927,373 times
Classical - Brady St, East side, Downtown. Third ward / Walkers Point / Bay View - if you want some more nightlife action. Maybe some areas in Wauwatosa, and definitely some areas in Shorewood. Pick any area in this list, and it's as safe any other good place in a big city (not totally crime free, but reasonably safe - and you don't have a target painted on your chest).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee