Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,346,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
Now that it's over and everyone's pretty much OK, the big question in my mind: Did Mall Cops get any of this on camera?
There are some videos on You Tube..they aren't very good though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,660,139 times
Crazy - those YT posts look like scenes from a dystopian sci-fi movie. Next thing you know, the power mongers will be using this footage as backup for 24 hour robot drone surveillance legislation.

Of course, those robot drone spy planes won't be a problem for those of us that never break the law, right? That never speed, or run yellow lights, or change lanes without signalling... or have kids that might.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,721,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audadvnc View Post
Crazy - those YT posts look like scenes from a dystopian sci-fi movie. Next thing you know, the power mongers will be using this footage as backup for 24 hour robot drone surveillance legislation.

Of course, those robot drone spy planes won't be a problem for those of us that never break the law, right? That never speed, or run yellow lights, or change lanes without signalling... or have kids that might.
So there would be drones flying inside the malls? I'm not sure I follow you.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:02 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,098,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
When society helps people reproduce without having to make a living (a.k.a. welfare, public assistance, food stamps etc) we get a generation full of low IQ punks.
And a totally not political discussion becomes political in, 3, 2, 1....

....<sigh> You guys are all adults, right? You realize that you don't *have* to say things like this just because it pops in your head?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:08 AM

232 posts, read 736,772 times
I don't know if the wrath of jail does anything to deter these kids from doing this. It's been my experience that most kids who are around that 'impossible age' (which used to be around 12-16; now it's more like 15-40!) will do whatever they want, whenever they want. They're unshockable. They've already seen the worst case scenario. The only thing that seems to work is when teen girls, after learning they're being locked up for 5-10 years: NO BOYS. No dates, no looking good and going out, nothing. Now they're screwed (not literally).

If you want to see why this is happening, look at the parents. This is mostly the result of inexperience and irresponsibility. 13 year olds having babies, with 28 year old grandmothers raising them. They're not loved or wanted, and they know it. They also know that, by now, they have no future. School is becoming a losing battle when you're 16 and still in 8th grade. They want everyone else to feel as badly as they're feeling. It's a symptom of a much larger societal problem, which hasn't changed much. You could replace '12/26/2011' with '12/26/1971' and it's no different. Just that in the '70's and '80's this is what drove shoppers from downtown Minneapolis to the suburban malls.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Default the problem is obvious

I have researched riots all over the world and I can tell you all that there is usually one underlining theme to these disturbances. It doesn't matter if you are talking about flash mobs in malls, hockey fans in Canada or hooligans in Europe there is a single common component that is present at these disturbances and that is the chairs.

Oh, I'm not talking about cushey barcalougers in some suburban enclave or a trendy 3-legged bar stool in some hipster uptown coffee shop. I'm talking about your low-life, plastic, mass-produced unimaginative good-for-nuthin food court piece of trash chair.

Many times these chairs launch themselves seemingly on their own in order to instigate even more hatred from the other side. Who will then throw their nearby chairs back in a kind of unnatural chair mixing that would seem to be the chairs' ultimate goal in starting these things in the first place.

Usually one or two alone won't pose a problem, but you get a dozen or so of these together and they just look to stir things up.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:05 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,521,390 times
The question is, how do we prevent something like this happening again?
No one ever takes the Mall Cops seriously for some reason.
"Oh your just a mall cop you can't do anything about it"
Maybe now we put more Police officers on duty. Last time i was at the mall i only noticed 2 police officers in the mall which disappointed me, i prefer to see more cops walking around the mall because it makes me feel safe, and they will scare criminals away.
Mall of America apparently gets 40 million visitors which is compared to passengers at major airports.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:11 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,346,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
No one ever takes the Mall Cops seriously for some reason.
"Oh your just a mall cop you can't do anything about it"
Maybe now we put more Police officers on duty. Last time i was at the mall i only noticed 2 police officers in the mall which disappointed me, i prefer to see more cops walking around the mall because it makes me feel safe, and they will scare criminals away.
Mall of America apparently gets 40 million visitors which is compared to passengers at major airports.
I am guessing that there were many more then 2, they were just undercover. Keep in mind, this is an isolated incident--or one of a few over the past 20 years. The MOA gets more visitors/year then Disneyland. Most of Disneyland's security force is undercover as well.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:16 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,179,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
When the parents take the time to teach their kids morals.
When breeders take responsibility for their offspring.
When you need to have a permit to have kids.

When folks stand up and say enough is enough and steep in to stop it.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 AM

9,775 posts, read 11,184,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmn View Post
And a totally not political discussion becomes political in, 3, 2, 1....

....<sigh> You guys are all adults, right? You realize that you don't *have* to say things like this just because it pops in your head?
Political?

Recap: The MOA fills up with teens that follow rap music. Next, several fights break out followed by a large group of teens stealing peoples personal belongings and tossing chairs. IMHO, they are PUNKS!

I am going to make a prediction: the people who were arrested did not have the strongest family values. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they were not from Edina or Eden Prairie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul