Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 09:13 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times

Advertisements

Why isn’t thus thread closed? The OP has not commented on it and I understand that the OP must now revisit a thread periodically in order for it to remain open.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:22 AM

413 posts, read 323,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Why isn’t thus thread closed? The OP has not commented on it and I understand that the OP must now revisit a thread periodically in order for it to remain open.
Threads typically don't get closed until one of the Bolshevik posters complains to the moderator that the Bolsheviks have run out of names to name call and so, the thread needs to be closed.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:51 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Super large flaw in MN not having to do with the weather... This friggin LRT route being built out to EP... Who exactly is going to use it? Anyone living along the route already drives to work for the most part. They're spending money like it grows on trees in the process and are absolutely butchering hundreds of trees along the route. So what's it for anyways - is it just to give the homeless another destination as they shelter up?

Really wonder what the expected ridership is based on, how is the route justified? Three years of Trail Closure and basic construction annoyance. Is it worth it?

Old 09-03-2019, 11:33 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Super large flaw in MN not having to do with the weather... This friggin LRT route being built out to EP... Who exactly is going to use it? Anyone living along the route already drives to work for the most part. They're spending money like it grows on trees in the process and are absolutely butchering hundreds of trees along the route. So what's it for anyways - is it just to give the homeless another destination as they shelter up?

Really wonder what the expected ridership is based on, how is the route justified? Three years of Trail Closure and basic construction annoyance. Is it worth it?
It’s to get the Eden Prairie Vikings fans to and from the game. That’s the only time it will be full. We could have gotten them all a free Uber for less. Probably could have bought them each a car, for that matter, but then we wouldn’t have the pride of adding a brand new piece of 19th century technology.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:50 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,916,146 times
Maybe I'm imagining things but something is up with the drivers in MInnesota. It's like there's no defensive driving reactions at all. Example, I could be in the wrong and just jump out on the road. Now you have plenty of time to stop but you would rather have a head on collision than stop. All because it wasn't your fault.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:46 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
Maybe I'm imagining things but something is up with the drivers in MInnesota. It's like there's no defensive driving reactions at all. Example, I could be in the wrong and just jump out on the road. Now you have plenty of time to stop but you would rather have a head on collision than stop. All because it wasn't your fault.
See multiple threads on "MN nice"....

"staying in your lane" is both literal and figurative

Old 09-03-2019, 04:52 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan1975 View Post
Threads typically don't get closed until one of the Bolshevik posters complains to the moderator that the Bolsheviks have run out of names to name call and so, the thread needs to be closed.
Right! Now, this thread IS closed.

Minnesota is team moderated, but I will keep an eye on this forum from now on, so please report trolling, bashing, name callings and personal attacks. I will make sure that those posters will stop that behavior one way or the other. (and I don't have any problem banning long term members for breaking the forum rules).

This is a warning for you all. Behave or be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul