Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 09:41 AM

2,502 posts, read 4,441,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
As for Tate (whose primary talents seem to be having great hair and nice upper body mass), has his hesitancy been a shakedown?
He's soft and doughy, with a fat neck and face. Doesn't give off much of a fitness vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 10:44 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,991,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I've never known any pain big enough (or any boredom big enough) to necessitate using a substance to become insensate.
Well, I certainly have (chronic back pain - from injury, not because I'm overweight or unhealthy). While I am a Christian, I've heard the talking point for years of putting your trust in Jesus and not alcohol/drugs/pills, etc. I say, when my back pain flares up, those things are GIFTS from Jesus, given to us for our use. Not to mention that many people over the years, Ernest Hemingway is one example, have touted the use of hard liquor (used responsibly of course) to get your mind running on a different plane after thinking hard about whatever it is you're focused on.

But that's not the reason I am pro-legalization.

I am simply pro-freedom, and that includes women's right to choose, gay rights, and most other things. It's a necessary step at this point. Stop the moral grandstanding. Allow people the freedom to reap the consequences of their actions.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:14 AM

25,589 posts, read 17,310,316 times
More wrinkles appear in the pot smokers bill..
*TVA is a government owned utility.
*Marijuana remains illegal insofar as US government is concerned.
*So TVA would like guidance from the government; are they allowed to provide power to pot shops and pot growers?
* Local power distributors receive their power from TVA, so they, too will have to hold off until answers are provided.

I expect it will all come out in favor of the pot-heads, but in the meantime it makes for good entertainment.
https://www.djournal.com/news/state-...1bbe8f3ea.html

Old 02-11-2022, 01:36 PM

332 posts, read 218,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It'll be up to Tater.
But if it were up to me I would not sign. It's a lousy idea and has nothing to do with anyone's medical needs.
If the people of Mississippi want a recreational drug bill they should damn well be forced to ask for one. I would probably sign that bill, whereas I would not sign the phony sort of wink-wink bill we have now.
Yikes! You're one of those fake "conservatives" who supports a big government nanny state locking up adults if they ingest a plant that's safer than alcohol. But I bet you get plastered on moonshine every day. You really do belong in Mississippi.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:56 PM

In the news this week, A North Mississippi power regulator has opined that local power companies, who buy their power from TVA will be required (or allowed) to provide power to dope factories and stores. No official word yet, but as I said, the potheads will probably win on this issue even though they were too cowardly to simply ask for what they wanted, with is recreational marijuana.
https://www.djournal.com/news/local/...01a8854ce.html

Last edited by Listener2307; 02-12-2022 at 09:05 PM..

Old 02-13-2022, 08:38 AM

332 posts, read 218,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
In the news this week, A North Mississippi power regulator has opined that local power companies, who buy their power from TVA will be required (or allowed) to provide power to dope factories and stores. No official word yet, but as I said, the potheads will probably win on this issue even though they were too cowardly to simply ask for what they wanted, with is recreational marijuana.
https://www.djournal.com/news/local/...01a8854ce.html
They're not too cowardly. They just know something sensible like not locking up adults who ingest plants that are safer than alcohol would never pass in a state run by uneducated alcoholic hicks.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutSir View Post
They're not too cowardly. They just know something sensible like not locking up adults who ingest plants that are safer than alcohol would never pass in a state run by uneducated alcoholic hicks.
This is hysterical. The marijuana initiative passed by a wide margin. You act like it was never passed.
Obviously you are here just to insult others in an attempt to make yourself feel superior. Retail marijuana sales do not yet exist in your state, either.
(smiles. places poster on ignore list)
Bye.

Last edited by Listener2307; 02-13-2022 at 11:06 AM..

Old 02-13-2022, 01:32 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,991,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutSir View Post
Plenty of stereotypes that you can beat on Mississippians with (you'll still appear dumb as you do right now, but still), and you'd be in the realm of accurate like 50 years ago. But alcoholic really isn't one of them. Mississippi is in the Bible Belt, if anything, people here gorge themselves on casseroles and fried catfish more than alcohol.

You're thinking of the wrong states. Tennessee/North Alabama/Kentucky/North Carolina are the ones known for moonshine.

Seriously, don't be a nimrod. You're probably just trolling, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi