Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 05:33 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times

Advertisements

More Stankin' Rankin shenanigans....

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/u...iff-abuse.html

"The Sheriff, His Girlfriend and His Illegal Subpoenas..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 11:06 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
More Stankin' Rankin shenanigans....

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/u...iff-abuse.html

"The Sheriff, His Girlfriend and His Illegal Subpoenas..."
Yowza! I had to read that one several times, just to get all of it straight ...improprieties coming at you from all-which-a-ways! I knew those Rankin County men were horny. But DANG! (or maybe all this reckless womanizing is for show - a way of maintaining status - with the real thrills, and the real bonds, unspoken and unutterable - which may hint at why these fellas don't tattle on each other)

I distinctly remember an old Frank Sintatra movie, where a woman is singing "The monkeys in Zamboanga tell no tales. ... oh, the monkeys tell no tales, 'cause the monkeys are all males." But that song is an old one, probably originating in the Yiddish Theatre, and thus subject to endless rewrites. Wish I could find that particular version...

I liked the comment beneath the NYT article, by someone named 'Sam", who apparently, years ago, escaped to Austin: "Folks, I was born in Mississippi and my people are still there. If you think for a second there is a more backward, corrupt, and white-trashy state in the Union than my dear ol' Mississippi, you'd be sadly mistaken."

Another commenter states that those running things in Mississippi, are the descendants of the slave-owning aristocracy. That is completely wrong. What few aristos remain, are a disenfranchised minority. William Alexander Percy wrote about that change, as it was happening, in the early Twentieth Century.

Those running Mississippi, are the descendants of whites sold on the auction block in Charleston. ...or they're descended from the carpetbaggers who arrived during Reconstruction. ...or, their great-grandfathers jumped-train at Jackson, and went to work in the gambling dens, bootlegging operations, and brothels of the 'Gold Coast' (in the Rankin County swamps across the Pearl River from Jackson). Or, they came up from 'The Coast' (Mississippi's Gulf Coast).

However, the reason The New York Times is telling us about this, has nothing to do with furthering the causes of Justice or Personal Freedom. The New York Times pushes a globalist agenda which aims (among many, many other things) to eliminate the autonomy of Sheriffs. Sheriffs are part of our ancient English system of Checks & Balances. In subtle ways, they can protect the populace from rogue governments. A Globalist cabal which seeks to rule over a 'World in Chains', would obviously like to place Sheriffs under the direct control of central governments (which are coming to be little more than administrative units of World Government).

Imagine the next "Health Crisis", with your Sheriff taking orders directly from the WHO. There would be no resisting.... If the fine folks running the planet, want you to get a "Novel Intervention", then there will be no failure or resistance on the part of local authorities. There will be no Checks & Balances. Everything will be top-down - everywhere - no escape.

On the bright side, it's nice to see that some men in our nation's Capital, still prefer to wear boxers - even beneath trousers made with whisper-thin 'Super 300s' suiting material. My husband does that, when he wants to distract and intimidate other men. Nothin' wrong with that, at all.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:08 PM

Lot to unpack here. Party A has an affair with a married woman. Party A suspects his mistress (who is at the time married) is cheating on him. Party A has her phone (and those of some coworkers) tapped. She finds out about it, and stays with Party A. Eventually she goes to work for Party A in a county position. She continues an open romantic relationship with Party A, despite Party A being in her chain of command.

Do I have this right?

Old 11-14-2023, 07:12 PM

Default UPDATE! A RankinStankin' Good Time for some State Troopers!

Quote:
Lot to unpack here. Party A has an affair with a married woman. Party A suspects his mistress (who is at the time married) is cheating on him. Party A has her phone (and those of some coworkers) tapped. She finds out about it, and stays with Party A. Eventually she goes to work for Party A in a county position. She continues an open romantic relationship with Party A, despite Party A being in her chain of command.

Do I have this right?
I THINK you got it right. But I get dizzy, trying to figure-out who did whom. I think there's an extra woman in there, somewhere, though. It's like looking at pictures from Plato's Retreat, and trying to decide how many people are in the pile (when all you really want, is to take the building co-op, rip out the garage that replaced Plato's, buy-up the whole block, and put multi-level parking in the middle of the block, instead of its present location under The Ansonia, the grandest building in Manhattan - and to restore the Ansonia's original pool facilities, as has been done with the Woolworth Building's pool).

But enough with the architectural highmindedness, and on to the DIRT! Why should the Rankin County Sheriff's Office have all the fun? Jackson Jambalaya: Woman Accuses Trooper of Sexual Assault

I think the above happened in Rankin. But as with the story about the Sheriff and however-many people are in that pile, I can make neither heads nor tails of who and what and which genders are involved in this latest example of Rankinstankin'.

Old 11-25-2023, 12:57 PM

In spite of being the reddest, most conservative, most religious county in the state, there are a lot of public "extra marital" extracurricular activities.

Old 11-26-2023, 12:27 PM

2,531 posts, read 3,096,958 times
Quote:
In spite of being the reddest, most conservative, most religious county in the state, there are a lot of public "extra marital" extracurricular activities.
heh heh
It's like a water balloon...you can squeeze it here (religious repression) but it's going to come out there (impulses.)

Old 11-27-2023, 08:21 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,688,924 times
Quote:
The influence of the American culture is far stronger than the Christian church or the Bible at this point, so it doesn't matter how seemingly conservative or religious Mississippi might be. Unfortunately, the American "culture" has been on a long downhill slide for decades now and it's only going to continue to get worse.

Old 11-28-2023, 03:19 PM

Default For no apparent reason... ou, est-ce possible, que... ?

Quote:
So very true! And here's a picture, apropos of nothing, which Kingfish, out-of-nowhere, and for no apparent reason (except to maybe offer us a glimpse of fresh-faced innocence at the State Fair - and what could be more wholesome?), which I, too, am passing-along, for no reason whatsoever: Jackson Jambalaya: Feeling Cute?

Comments below Kingfish's photo, as they accumulate, may prove elucidating - or not - since nobody, at this writing, seems to be connecting the primary dots.

Old 11-29-2023, 02:34 PM

Default Sippi Girls !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
heh heh
It's like a water balloon...you can squeeze it here (religious repression) but it's going to come out there (impulses.)
And what a perfect metaphor you've chosen, in light of a Jackson Jambalaya comment, which seems to possibly maybe confirm that the Troopers photo linked, above, DOES a Pearl connection to some recent and extra-salacious RankinStankin: Jackson Jambalaya: Feeling Cute?

'Sippi Girls':
https://www.google.com/search?client...&q=Sippi+Girls
(all I've got to say, is that if that YouTube thumbnail photo isn't morphed, I can see why a certain alleged video was allegedly being passed-around, among members of the alleged force)

Old 12-02-2023, 06:14 PM

Default 2paddles 3whips 1ball-gag 5-------vib@#$ors 11----plugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
The influence of the American culture is far stronger than the Christian church or the Bible at this point, so it doesn't matter how seemingly conservative or religious Mississippi might be. Unfortunately, the American "culture" has been on a long downhill slide for decades now and it's only going to continue to get worse.
Or, in this case, downhill flow, since we're talkin' Flowood (aka 'Flooded Swamp'), in this latest breaking news: a raid on the Laurelwood HOA President's house. (from which Flowood Police confiscated the items in the headline) Jackson Jambalaya: Ex-Laurelwood HOA President Charged with Embezzlement & Drug Possession

I've gotta say... those folks sure know how to throw a board meeting!

The Co-op board at The Dakota https://www.google.com/search?client...h=552&dpr=1.71 could take some pointers, on how to interview prospective residents (technically, you can buy, but just not inhabit your unit - and approval takes years - so a few diversions might come as a relief). And Madison's Reunion community needs to take note: that 'Pineapple-upside-down' thing is, "sooooo early-2000s". Jackson Jambalaya: Pineapple Alert!

But ELEVEN ----plugs? Then again, I guess that in today's spirit of Inclusivity, you have to do like we were taught in First Grade, and bring enough for everybody.

Or maybe the board was planning on doing ride-alongs with the Sheriff's Department's Goon Squad, which seems to have been using similar equipment while conducting interviews with suspects.

However, that's not what horrifies me. There's worse. I did an image search, wondering what this HOA Pres. looked like. Instead, I found lots of drawings to accompany proposals, from various entities, for the subdivision's entrance sign. Folks, this is not where you cut corners. You do NOT hire somebody whose entire design background consists of Computer Drafting at Hinds. There are plenty of brilliant designers in the Jackson Metro, who can use an actual pencil and actual paper, and come up with something that doesn't look klutzy and podunk and cheap.

And if you ARE somebody with a Hinds/Holmes Computer Drafting background, then take it from a girl who owns office parks on four coasts (having thus paid for a lot of pylon signs, and skimmed-over a lot of specs and contracts): 'IRON' is a somewhat-specific term. 'Iron' is not interchangeable with 'Metal'. 'Iron' is a SUBSET of 'Metals'. And 'Iron' certainly does not EVER mean 'Paint-grip Aluminum'. Got it?

While I'm at it, I would urge you to look into Galvanic Action - and research which primers go with what, so that particulate does not leach through coatings resulting in Galvanic Action, when you mix metals. My Decorator and his architects have made sure I understood those things. Just passing this along...

Then again, maybe skimping on the community's identity signage, is where the HOA Pres hoped to hide her spending on whips-&-such.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 12-02-2023 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi