Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 09:19 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,923,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
First MMA does not have enough black athletes...who I feel are superior athletes. If there is a black guy and white guy fighting, I always pick the black guy. For me, this is biggest key to the matchups.
You must be kidding.

Quote:
Secondly, MMA fighters have demonstrated on a constant basis to have glass jaws. If an MMA fighter can get passed the punches then I think a good wrestler could cause some issue for a boxer.
Put the same size gloves on boxers and you will see the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 12:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,067 times
Wear and tear on toney wtf. Toney has been a bloated fatass for almost his entire career. When he couldn't get anymore money in boxing he sacced his fat ass to an mma legend. There is absolutely no comparison between couture and toney unless your retarded. Not to mention in the upper echelons of the sports more boxers have succesfully crossed over than mma fighters which is a fact. Not to mention most top mma fighters are failed boxers that moved to mma as a backup to the real money they couldn't cut it for.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:34 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,279,348 times
Quote:
First MMA does not have enough black athletes...who I feel are superior athletes. If there is a black guy and white guy fighting, I always pick the black guy. For me, this is biggest key to the matchups.

Secondly, MMA fighters have demonstrated on a constant basis to have glass jaws. If an MMA fighter can get passed the punches then I think a good wrestler could cause some issue for a boxer.

So if the division champions were matched up across each sport, I feel boxers would win "at least" 60% of matches. Super middleweight division and up, Boxers would win easily. Lighter divisions, I would give the edge to MMA fighters...but I am still pointing to the lack of black MMA fighters to give boxers a punchers chance.
Following that logic, Jon Jones and D Johnson , both "Black" champs in the UFC would rely on punching power to win , which we all know is not the case. Secondly, MMA participation by Black males is up there with any other group. Why we don't see more Blacks in tournaments is due to Blacks making up a smaller percentage of overall population. So, that might throw the theory of physical dominance of one group over the other straight out the window.

Boxers winning at least 60% of matches. Nope. We saw only very recently at UFC 196, as two dominant strikers lost their titles to more superior ground game experts.

All this talk of seeing a Black man having the edge over say a White or Hispanic guy has been disproved by results we see in Strikeforce and the UFC. Pretty even all told. No real advantage of one over the other.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 368 times
Boxers got no chance against the MMA fighters... why do you think McGregor stepped in the ring but Mayweather hasn't stepped in the octagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)