Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 10:52 AM

525 posts, read 339,725 times

Advertisements

It has put a bad reputation on MMA making boxing fans think they don't have good cardio and can't box. This fight shouldn't have been done in the first place. It only hurts the UFC more. Dana shouldn't have made this fight knowing Conor has bad cardio. He should only have made this fight if he was 100% sure Conor would have won. He never had a chance. I won't watch another Conor fight anymore. He should retire now. UFC needs to stop overhpying some of their fighters. Conor doesn't punch hard like Dana White said. This fight alone is a turn off. I just cancelled my UFC Fight Pass. I think it's pointless now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 06:51 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
No it didnt. If you didnt want to watch it you just dont watch it. It was a stupid fight and I didnt pay for it but it was an interesting matchup just to watch something. UFC is the WWE of MMA and will not be going back anytime soon. The good thing is that UFC is not MMA and there is plenty of other organisations to watch.

Old 02-20-2020, 04:12 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
No it didnt. If you didnt want to watch it you just dont watch it. It was a stupid fight and I didnt pay for it but it was an interesting matchup just to watch something. UFC is the WWE of MMA and will not be going back anytime soon. The good thing is that UFC is not MMA and there is plenty of other organisations to watch.
"UFC is the WWE of MMA" What? WWE is scripted pro wrestling. Are you saying that UFC fights are scripted and fake?

Old 02-21-2020, 05:38 AM

525 posts, read 339,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
"UFC is the WWE of MMA" What? WWE is scripted pro wrestling. Are you saying that UFC fights are scripted and fake?
That was a bad comparison he made but the problem with UFC Fight Pass is that the video quality is low. The highest is 720. WWE Network has higher quality than that. It makes no sense because on UFC youtube channel they sometimes give free UFC fights with hugher video quality that.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
That was a bad comparison he made but the problem with UFC Fight Pass is that the video quality is low. The highest is 720. WWE Network has higher quality than that. It makes no sense because on UFC youtube channel they sometimes give free UFC fights with hugher video quality that.
It seems like they have or are going to improve the video quality.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/...w-features-mma

Old 02-21-2020, 08:00 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
No the fights are real, but the drama is so big its bull****. I love UFC and have for a long time. There was always a bit of drama which made it fun but now its nothing but drama which bores me. Bellator used to be the all stupid wwe stuff and decent fights where UFC was just a little bit wwe and good fights but UFC has ramped up the drama crap and I find that part boring.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:22 AM

812 posts, read 736,742 times
I'm not following you here. Conor doesn't punch hard? I'm not the biggest fan of the guy, but he kicked out Aldo with one shot in 13 seconds. So because he didn't knock out the best defensive boxer of all time with gloves twice the size of Mma gloves, he doesn't hit hard? Obviously he wasn't going to win, he didn't fight Mayweather to win, he did it for the payday. The Ufc got a big chunk of that payday as well. I don't see how this ruined Mma. Would it have ruined boxing if Floyd fought Conor in the Octagon for the payday and got obliterated?

Idk, I just don't think that one boxing matching took anything away from fantastic fights that have happened since, like, Adesanya vs Gastellum, Ferguson vs Pettis, Thompson VS Luque.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
No the fights are real, but the drama is so big its bull****. I love UFC and have for a long time. There was always a bit of drama which made it fun but now its nothing but drama which bores me. Bellator used to be the all stupid wwe stuff and decent fights where UFC was just a little bit wwe and good fights but UFC has ramped up the drama crap and I find that part boring.
Drama sells. I don't find it all drama. Do you have an example?

Boxing does the same... Ali took a page from wrestling when selling his fights.

Old 02-22-2020, 07:42 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
MMA is only getting more popular everyday man...

Old 02-24-2020, 05:52 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
I remember the first few years the UFC was doing the Ultimate Fighter show. Dana kept preaching that UFC fighters are not thugs and then he'd encourage thug like behavior on the show and later in the promotion of regular fights.

Then Chanel Sonnen came along and he was huge turn off for me and I come from Oregon and grew up a Portland Wrestling fan just like he did.

I like Pro Wrestling (prefer the old school style) and I like MMA.
However, I don't like the mixing of the two.

That said, I know I am in the minority on this, the UFC needs to make money and so they should NOT cater to what I would like to see.

The one thing that would get me to watch more is if they offered a channel like the WWE Network that showed all the PPVs for a price like $9.99 a month or maybe even as high as $19.99 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)