Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

typical JKD defense.

so who gets credit for it? i dont see anything from these guys other then some "style" or what they think is style. not real impressed by anything they do, they are not doing anything that has not already been done. bottom line, there is nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
You can learn more about 52 and Jailhouse styles from these posts.

Stickgrappler's MMA page - Unofficial Underground forum archives - Jailhouse Rock Interview 2 answerspage

Quote:
Pinero describes his introduction to prison martial arts: "The first thing I did in the joint was to check out the style and learn to fight with a home piece - somebody from my neighborhood on the streets. I learned the Woodbourne shuffle, an evasion technique that first was used in the joint at Woodbourne and got passed around. Then I learned wall-fighting, and somebody taught me the Comstock style.

The Comstock style, named for an upstate New York prison, involves what one inmate calls "the use of dirty fighting techniques." The object is to lure an opponent into thinking he is going to get a "fair one - then go for a quick, sneak kick to the ankle, kneecap, or family jewels."

Stickgrappler's MMA page - Unofficial Underground forum archives - 52 handblocks/jailhouse rock page

Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
I'd be curious to see those other jailhouse fighting techniques especially what they call "wall fighting". One thing about inmates is that they can be very creative with somethings related to survival in prison. They've probably come up with tactics that could be useful for self defense in general.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,005 times
Ive trained in New York (travelled from the uk to do so) with Lyte Burly (follow the leader clip).
The openings that are seen are traps to set up counter strikes,and the footwork cannot be fully appreciated unless in person.It is very difficult to get set to throw a kick or shoot for a takedown.
You can see me training at Welcome to the New Home of Lyte Burly dink comes to nyc and also on Lytes latest instructional dvd.I'll be happy to answer questions to the best of my ability

Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,005 times
Lytes music video

YouTube - Official 52 Music Video

52 blocks training

YouTube - traingday2

Old 11-10-2009, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,874 times
Default 52blockstv

Check out the fitness and culture of 52 at it's highest form.
come and talk to the brother who started teching Rashad Evans.
See the Street Kingdom Legend Brooklyn born and raised Big K, showing 52 the way it should be done. See Giant spit razors out of his mouth. Hear the Elders speak for the first time from every hood in the city Show N Prove Break the Glass. 52 is not wing chun fly arm waving.
peace

Old 06-22-2013, 07:46 PM

84 posts, read 144,506 times
Default This is a video clip of one of the original 52 blocks fighters/experts:

In addition to being an original 52 blocks figher/expert, Mr.OG is also a 52 blocks instructor in NYC and he is still accepting potential students.

Click on the video clip below to view:

52 Blocks History and Intro by the OG - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)