Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:56 PM

152 posts, read 627,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIborn View Post
are you serious fbcobrn ? having never been to MT, would like to know if overnight lows in the 80's are a reality.
Where I am at now......is actually South of Sacramento, Calif......SF Bay Area............for now. Those temps are what I suffer thru here....that's why a few days of triple digit heat in MT, will be nothing like summer here
Sorry for the confusion....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 06:10 PM

495 posts, read 492,879 times
Western Montana (Hamilton, Missoula,etc) is considered to be in the northwest weather pattern, more so than a western weather pattern. Bozeman/Butt (western pattern) for example get a lot more sunshine during winter and is general a bit colder.....Missoula starting in late fall and then on into winter you might only see the sunshine a day or two a week, some will disagree with me, but go ahead and count'em this winter, come spring, anything could happen, but mostly it's cloudy, even if we don't get much rain. The weather is on again off again.
Then again I've seen really nice march and april weather but have also seen, spring'ish 60 degree'ish, cloudy'ish rain'ish weather last clear thru july.......
And to make the whole thing even more confusing, this summer we have a heat wave of biblical proportions, some would say it could be worse, others would say, it use to be a lot better..................we used to be noted for our mild summers. But hey, that's the weather for you, always doing what you don't expect !
If you like sunshine, skip western montana, head further east.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
Overnight lows in the 80's would never happen anywhere in the state. 70's are only possible in a few areas east of the divide. In most areas of the state you're more likely to bottom out at 32 in July than you are 70.
Oh I don't know about that..... This year we have had several nights where it has remained at or very near 70 overnight in the flathead. Our weather station surprises me daily when I get up at crack 'o dawn to open the windows and cool the house. Thankfully more often than not it cools to low 60's by 6am allowing me to pump in the cool stuff. Personally I love this weather, maybe I can store enough up to get me through the winter!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana