Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,121,934 times

Advertisements

,....Hey EH...............

Sorry if I missed info on the following:

#1/...........what is the latest information and status on those "missing horses?

#2/......How is "the foot doing"?

#3/.......How do you like the .25/06....AND did you get something to fill the freezer??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Animals are still missing. Absolutely no word on them.

Foot is doing great. Not even bandaged anymore, gets a little tender by the end of the day, but that's not bad.

My 25-06 is now 3 years old and has not been fired. hahaha Where I have my tags for, a 100 yard shot is stretching it. More then likely 50-60 yards. So I borrowed a expensive bore sighter from a guy. He said he consistantly gets paper first time out the barrel at 100 yards. I said, yeah, but how big is the paper. He said, Pie plate. So I'm confident I can get meat with it.

I went hunting one day last week. Sicker then hell, but went. Didn't see anything but 3 coyotes. Didn't want to shoot them and scare any deer that might be around. Next day I was even sicker so canceled. Next day I was taken to the hospital riding backwards in a meat wagon. Hospital fixed me up right with a couple bags of soysauce via IV. Lots of drugs and sent me home. I'm feeling great now, but legs are real weak. My son comes off the mountain (he's after an elk up there) on Friday. When he gets here, we'll set up to go hunting. My tag is good until 15 December. By the way, if I fill both of my tags, I can go get more. Want 30, you can get them. Want 50, you can get them too. UNLIMITED Extras for the area I'm in. Doe/fawn, no antlers but Betty Crocker doesn't have a good recipe for antlers anyhow.

Remember, I hunt from a vehicle because I can't walk. So what I'm doing is going out at 3am and parking between the rows of round bails in the stack yard. I'm looking out over a 1000 acre alfalfa field that he could have taken 3rd cutting but didn't. Excellent spot.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:40 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
Default response to EH on his status....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
,....Hey EH...............

Sorry if I missed info on the following:

#1/...........what is the latest information and status on those "missing horses? Sorry to hear that the horses have not been seen or shown up anywhere. I have to agree with your early assumption that they "are long-gone from your area".........via a trailer.

#2/......How is "the foot doing"? Glad to hear the foot is coming along good.........hope it keeps "on-the sunny-side up".

#3/.......How do you like the .25/06....AND did you get something to fill the freezer??..........looks like you should have no trouble getting that freezer "filled to the top". Be interested to hear your comment(s) on how those 120gr bullets do on those deer.. Hunt safe!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 PM

This is what I opted for:

Savage with accu trigger
Synthetic stock
Fluted bull barrel
Model 116
.25-06 call shooting 64 grain pills
Harris bypod
Leupold 3x9x40 VXII

Old 11-26-2011, 10:09 AM

Horses were found!

They have been on a ranch that's right on the face of the mountain. They guy has had them for better then a month and had no clue anybody was looking for them. He's one of these guys that comes into town only when needed.

His place is all fenced but it borders the National Forest. The 3 horses were wandering back and forth on the other side of the fence. Finally he realized they weren't going anywhere so he let them in with his so they could get feed. That area already has a couple feet of snow. Once he let them in he started checking around to see who's horses they were.

All are intact, no injuries, scars, etc...

Old 11-26-2011, 01:15 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,250 times
Yay. Good news.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Update on my legs. Xrays showed Moderate to Severe Asteoarthritis in both knees. Severe Impingement in left hip. I have to drive to Rapid City for a consult so Black Hills Ortho and Spine Center can determine what they are going to do. I'll get cortozone shots at the same visit. Oh goody, a big lumpy shot in the hip and then set in my truck and drive 5 hours back. hahahaha That should be fun.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Horses were found!

They have been on a ranch that's right on the face of the mountain. They guy has had them for better then a month and had no clue anybody was looking for them. He's one of these guys that comes into town only when needed.

His place is all fenced but it borders the National Forest. The 3 horses were wandering back and forth on the other side of the fence. Finally he realized they weren't going anywhere so he let them in with his so they could get feed. That area already has a couple feet of snow. Once he let them in he started checking around to see who's horses they were.

All are intact, no injuries, scars, etc...
.................Sure glad those horses were in good hands.............great news.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:58 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Good news all the way around!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:03 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
Oh EH that is good news about many things
Lumpy...LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana