Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:15 AM

52 posts, read 239,028 times

Advertisements

I trying to get information on the Glasgow / St Marie area. Does anyone out there know anything about this area. Is there a drug problem such as meth? Is it a good place to live? Good hunting/fishing?

Thanks,
Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 09:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,440,666 times
hunting/fishing should be pretty good.not much going on in glasgow.st marie used to be housing for glasgow afb.you can get a pretty nice house there for around twenty thousand dollars but if you are a people person that part of montana probaly isnt for you.id plan a long visit before committing to move there but some like it.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,961 times
You wouldn't know if there was a drug problem thier untill it was to late.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:32 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,086,545 times
If anyone thinks they can get away from drugs by moving to a sparsely populated region they are kidding themselves.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. No I don't think I'm trying to move away from drugs I just want to make sure I don't move into an already bad area for drugs. But maybe you are right, this may be too sparsely populated of an area to move a family to. What do you think?

Old 08-26-2007, 04:25 PM

how many people you want to live around is up to you.some people love living in a sparsly populated region,others hate it.stangers on a computer cant say whats right for you.i would be more concerned about job prospects then dopeheads.you can find some dopeheads anywhere but you may not be able to find a job that will pay your bills just anywhere.i dont know your profession or the job situation in glasgow but places with low populations usually dont have a lot of oppertunities.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 AM

But when your house only costs 20,000.00 like they are there bills are not too bad. My wife is an RN so she would be working while I work on restoring the house.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:23 PM

well there are fairly cheap houses all over eastern montana,some in towns that are a lot closer to bigger places.i guess you'll have to take a trip and see whats right for you.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 PM

6 posts, read 16,826 times
There's always Meth if you're near or on a reservation, but I don't think it's anything to worry about unless you are living on a reservation itself, and maybe not even then. I'd spend more time thinking about good old Alcohol if you want to worry about a drug, I'm sure you are familiar with Montana's drunk driving statistics.

There are a lot of cheap houses on the Hi-line, we bought ours for $13,000. (We've put more then that into the house since then, but that's another story.) If you like rural areas you might like it out here, best just to visit and see what you think. Unlike some parts of Montana it's likely no one will get a stick up their behind about an "outsider", these parts of Montana need every soul they can get.

Glasgow is pretty far out there, if you look at communities closer to Havre you won't have to drive as far for a real airport/hospital/WalMart/whatever, but maybe you like being way out there.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:25 PM

264 posts, read 399,149 times
As I posted on another thread, I spent one year during the 1960's stationed af Glasgow AFB....I was from Maine, but I had never experienced cold like in Glasgow. I absolutley hated the area. It defines rural with nothing, zilch, zip, zero, nada anywhere around.

GI's used to say Glasgow was the place they put the hose when they gave the world an enema.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana