Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM

443 posts, read 808,493 times

Advertisements

Governor Schweitzer tells audience that the majority of Montanans are racist as a lead up to announcing that school kids are exposed to Montana Native American history and culture(s) in the classroom.
Film Clip Governor Schweitzer Talks About Montana Racism [VIDEO]
Thoughts?

Last edited by ursa22; 08-19-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 08:24 PM

6,764 posts, read 8,626,523 times
Sure glad he is termed out of office and will stop being such an embarrasment to the State of Montana this year.

Must be trying to get a job with the national democrat party with pure BS, (brian schwitzer) like that. It appears you have to be a race baiter to get street cred with the central party committee.

Quote, "Schweitzer says that “all over Montana you can walk into a bar, cafe, or even a school or courthouse and just listen for a while as people talk to each other and you will here somebody before very long say something outrageously racist about the people who have lived in Montana for 10,000 years.” End quote.

Again, pure BS and one of they myiad of reasons that so few people respect king brian the lesser.

Honestly, how much time do you spend each day trying to find garbage like this?

Old 08-19-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Sure glad he is termed out of office and will stop being such an embarrasment to the State of Montana this year.

Must be trying to get a job with the national democrat party with pure BS, (brian schwitzer) like that. It appears you have to be a race baiter to get street cred with the central party committee.

Quote, "Schweitzer says that “all over Montana you can walk into a bar, cafe, or even a school or courthouse and just listen for a while as people talk to each other and you will here somebody before very long say something outrageously racist about the people who have lived in Montana for 10,000 years.” End quote.

Again, pure BS and one of they myiad of reasons that so few people respect king brian the lesser.

Honestly, how much time do you spend each day trying to find garbage like this?
I wonder why wikipedia Brian Schweitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia would say that Schweitzer has one of the highest approval ratings among current governors? Maybe you should inform them as to how a REAL Montanan feels about 'King Brian".

Old 08-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Wikipedia...
Isn't that the place that anyone can go on and post anything they want without any fact checks?

I have to work around the guy, and have for several years. I have seen the amount of security that is around him all the time, and the people that have been hauled away in handcuffs when they tried to talk to him.

I saw him make a mockery of our legislative process during the last legislature with his "veto" brand and the grandstanding he did in front of the capital.

Yeah, most of the democrats like him, but get outside of the city limits of Missoula or Great Falls, and you will hear a much different story.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Wikipedia...
Isn't that the place that anyone can go on and post anything they want without any fact checks?

I have to work around the guy, and have for several years. I have seen the amount of security that is around him all the time, and the people that have been hauled away in handcuffs when they tried to talk to him.

I saw him make a mockery of our legislative process during the last legislature with his "veto" brand and the grandstanding he did in front of the capital.

Yeah, most of the democrats like him, but get outside of the city limits of Missoula or Great Falls, and you will hear a much different story.
Sounds scary, - kind of like when the Clintons were making all those people disappear, right? Maybe Wayne Stahl will get him impeached for breaking MT law over the bison delivery issue.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 AM

So much for this discussion, we have gone from the ridiculous into the absurd.

Why impeach him? He only has a couple months left in office

I have yet to see him campaign for his replacement, yet he has time to enter agreements with the state employee unions, (which have no validity because only the legislature can approve contracts and won't convene until he is out of office),
He is proposing stuff like in your article, again, worthless because the next governor coming in has no obligation to follow what he says.

Schwitzer has done some good things, like signing the firearms bill where Montanan's could build guns, and as long as they are only sold in the state to state residents, are not subject to federal oversight, and voting to open the Otter Creek coal beds to development, but the guy is a camera hound.

Anything BS does is to benefit BS and only BS.

The most dangerous place to find yourself in Montana isn't between a sow Grizzly and her cubs, it is finding yourself between king brian and a TV camera.

It really doesn't matter what he does for the next few months, he is term limited out and the next governor will take the office and king brian will have to find another job.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,280,515 times
Sounds like better times around the corner for Montana... Hope y'all get a better guy to replace him.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:37 PM

9,889 posts, read 11,824,544 times
People either respect or hate any governor depending on if they agree with or disagree with his agenda. Any governor would love to be as popular as the Montana governor.

Montana governor is rated as one of the top 10 governors (10 out of 50) in the entire country. If he was not limited by term limits, he would run and be elected for another term.

http://tinyurl.com/6twvn6r

As to his using the media go get his agenda out, any governor or other official does the same thing. It is just part of the game.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,640,293 times
Back to the subject. The Indian Education requirement bestowed upon Montana schools seems to me to be 50% a racism issue and 50% a request from Montana Native Americans for Indian education to be required. I recall when it first started a statement from a Tribal Leader...something about how Non-Native Americans were ignorant to Native lives and pushed for a required class. Don't remember the whole thing but there's nothing wrong with it. My kids have developed a general interest in past Native American history. Anything to broaden the little minds!

Old 08-22-2012, 03:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,462,265 times
There is less racism here then any place else I have lived. That being said, learning about Native American culture can benefit anyone.

Ha ha....what is cultural diversity in Montana? That is when we go to Butte for St. Paddy's Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana