Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 11:19 AM

495 posts, read 493,283 times
Ok, I've got a question about native americans that I've always wondered about, and to lazy to dig up the answer for......
First though when speaking of any non-white ethnic group, I myself or any person for that matter should prefix the whole converstation with some type of statement to the effect that they are not a racist - you gotta do that in american now, 'cause someone/anyone who disagrees with what you say will try and winner there argument with the old "you're a racist" - I now, I now, it's a cheap way to get your liberal point across, but..........well it kinda works albeit less and less these days........But then again I don't fell like I have to make such a statement, I find it objectionable that anyone would imply that I'm a racist because I criticize anyone, infact not criticizing them would be totally unfair, as I do it to everyone, you gotta' treat everyone equall in america, so I try to spread around the criticizism to all equally, equallity that's what it's all about, so here we go....and actually I don't think this is so bad anyway, kinda' inocent infact...
Now take the area of land that is in 'reservation' calculate it's value then divide it by the number of native americans that live on it, or are part of that tribe. What is that number(dollar value), well that is what each indian is worth, let's just say that figure is 100 acres per person at a value of $1,000,000....not bad for just being born - I got crap when I was born, shy of a good smack on the butt. How come I don't get 100 acres for coming into this world ? What about that 40 acres and a plow business after the civil war - my grandpape got zip, zero, nada and you talk about poor they ate dirt on sunday dinner, because it tasted better than the rocks they ate during the week.
Anyway back to my point - what does the individual number come out to be ?
Once that number is know, then you have to start asking yourself alot of questions... like who is really poor, who's really getting something for nothing, why don't I get free land and stuff instead of having to throw my hard earned cash in the government kiddy for someones elses welfare that is doing far better than me...... dah dah dah, with the questions....let's get the figure($$$) (even if it is a rough one) in though before we start jumping to conclusions
Hey I'm just thinking out loud....... Someday I'm gonna get thrown in the jail by the thought police because my brain (not me) keeps coming up with this stuff.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 PM

158 posts, read 446,138 times
Nothing against Native Americans. I'm one myself. I was born and raised in the USA so I'm a Native American. However, I do have Aboriginal American blood in my veins, Cherokee to be precise. My Dad told me that my Great-Great-Grandmother I think it was, was a Cherokee Princess! However, I'm White (Spanish-French ancestry) because that's what predominates. I use Aboriginal American as a lump-together term because Native American is a loaded term since anybody born here is native! Indians are from India, simple as that! Aboriginal American is the most accurate term! I don't care if it's politically incorrect or not. Pilotical incorrectness is actually more correct than political correctness!

Also, Aboriginal Americans are not a single race. From circa 3,000 BC till circa 200 AD colonization from Africa and Eurasia to the Americas occurred. Blacks and some Whites sailed from western Africa across the Atlantic to the eastern coast of the Americas. Blacks also sailed from eastern Africa across the Pacific to the western coasts of the Americas. Whites sailed from western Eurasia (Europe) to the eastern coast of the Americas. Blacks, Mulattos, and Whites sailed from eastern Eurasia (Asia) to the western coast of the Americas. All this coupled with island hopping and was in close concert with the original settling of Australia with the ancient Black Dravidians among other Blacks. They also travelled across the then existing Bering Land Bridge. These Blacks, Whites, and Mulattos eventually mingled more or less to form the Aboriginal population of the Americas.

By the time Cristoforo Colombo visited the Americas nearly 1,300 years later, this mixing, coupled with interbreeding in smaller pockets of isolated populations lead to the majority of the Aboriginals being neither White nor Black but varying degrees of Mulattos with distinct features. However, some tribes were still predominantly or all Black or White even till the 16 and 17 hundreds. I'm speaking of Aboriginal Whites and Blacks, not runaway slaves or new Whites gone native. So, all this talk of the White man destroying the Red man is really overstated and overlooked. Some of the "natives" these new Whites encountered were themselves White. Others were Black. Evidence exists that strongly suggests the original Black Olmecs, Fomorians, and Anakite-Canaanites were one and the same people. The Olmecs also drew pictures and carvings of clearly White individuals as well. The Fomorians tried to conquer the Firbolgs, an early Irish people, after they themselves were conquered by the Israelites, but were driven off Hibernia (Ireland) obviously taking some of the Firbolgs with them. Look at today's Aboriginal Americans from Mexico, Guatamala, etc., and they look neither Black nor White totally, but clearly show elements of both from ancient mixing and interbreeding which lead to even further distinct features not associated with modern first generation Black-White Mixed children.

I just think Aboriginal Americans need to quit living off of mine and your's taxes! I don't necessarily agree with colonization or conquering either, but what nation hasn't come into being without it, please tell me that!? Here's how it is. If one nation is going to colonize or conquer another, then it should be done so completely and followed through with. You can't leave a people partially or even mostly conquered or the remnant will in all likelyhood rebound and someday come back to bite you in retaliation. Conquering must be done completely and assimilation of the conquered people must be complete so they are absorbed into the conquering population and cease to exist as a distinct cohesive people! If you're going to half-way do the job then it shouldn't be done at all. Simple as that.

In closing. I have no problem with anybody generally speaking. Humans are humans regardless!

Old 11-17-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
Ok, I've got a question about native americans that I've always wondered about, and to lazy to dig up the answer for......
First though when speaking of any non-white ethnic group, I myself or any person for that matter should prefix the whole converstation with some type of statement to the effect that they are not a racist - you gotta do that in american now, 'cause someone/anyone who disagrees with what you say will try and winner there argument with the old "you're a racist" - I now, I now, it's a cheap way to get your liberal point across, but..........well it kinda works albeit less and less these days........But then again I don't fell like I have to make such a statement, I find it objectionable that anyone would imply that I'm a racist because I criticize anyone, infact not criticizing them would be totally unfair, as I do it to everyone, you gotta' treat everyone equall in america, so I try to spread around the criticizism to all equally, equallity that's what it's all about, so here we go....and actually I don't think this is so bad anyway, kinda' inocent infact...
Now take the area of land that is in 'reservation' calculate it's value then divide it by the number of native americans that live on it, or are part of that tribe. What is that number(dollar value), well that is what each indian is worth, let's just say that figure is 100 acres per person at a value of $1,000,000....not bad for just being born - I got crap when I was born, shy of a good smack on the butt. How come I don't get 100 acres for coming into this world ? What about that 40 acres and a plow business after the civil war - my grandpape got zip, zero, nada and you talk about poor they ate dirt on sunday dinner, because it tasted better than the rocks they ate during the week.
Anyway back to my point - what does the individual number come out to be ?
Once that number is know, then you have to start asking yourself alot of questions... like who is really poor, who's really getting something for nothing, why don't I get free land and stuff instead of having to throw my hard earned cash in the government kiddy for someones elses welfare that is doing far better than me...... dah dah dah, with the questions....let's get the figure($$$) (even if it is a rough one) in though before we start jumping to conclusions
Hey I'm just thinking out loud....... Someday I'm gonna get thrown in the jail by the thought police because my brain (not me) keeps coming up with this stuff.
I agree with you man! The government has no business forcing us to pay out the ying yang in taxes first of all and then they give free handouts and land to others. I don't care who you are. Uncle Scam has no business or right to do it. Big Brother is becoming more and more dominant and treacherous as time goes by. If it's our money being taken and given away, we should have a say-so in where it goes! However, as for the racial implications, please refer to my previous post. "Indians" or "Native Americans" are not a race. They can be White or Black. This fact even predates Colombo's false discovery of the Americas. There were during the first modern-day colonial times tribes that were Black and tribes that were White and a great many more that were varying degrees of Mulatto (Mixes). But like I said, read my previous post. We need more people to stand up and say "NO!!!" It will take a collective "NO" by a great many fed up people to get any action done though.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:45 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,524,492 times
I think Native Americans got royaly scre wed

I think what Europeans did to them is one of the worst pieces of history.

I wish I would see more Native Americans out and about.

I love their beliefs of nature and spirits and how it is all connected and should be respected.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
high opinion of native americans. in the end we may learn that you had it right from the get go. e.g. how to live in harmony with the earth. modern life is overrated.
lots of cash but not many happy faces. so many on the streets and even in the the BMW look like somebody just shot their dog.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 PM

Oh yes. Let's all live in Lala Land and believe all that crapola about the Aboriginal American's living in total harmony and utopia without any evil or guile at all. Oh yes folks. They were totally without sin and totally and utterly innocent! Hogwash! Does human sacrifice and self mutilation ring a bell? There were crimes against the Europeans as well. It wasn't all initiated by the newly arriving Europeans! The indigenous peoples committed murders and raids against the European settlements as well. Quit villafying the Europeans and Saintifying the Aboriginal Americans! Human nature is human nature no matter if you're from Eurasia, Africa, Australia, North America or South America! Quit being so mamby-pamby and sniffly and pantywaistish! How ridiculous!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:56 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
I don't want to go into details but I was robbed of a little over $100.00 today by two native american teenagers here on the reservation where I live. I know what they look like and the police think they know who they are. I will recognize them when I see them.
I am not a happy camper right now.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I don't want to go into details but I was robbed of a little over $100.00 today by two native american teenagers here on the reservation where I live. I know what they look like and the police think they know who they are. I will recognize them when I see them.
I am not a happy camper right now.
I'm sorry to hear that Rickers but not surprised. Was this at the show you went to at the hotel?

Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 PM

495 posts, read 493,283 times
Well well well, seems we've stirred up a real hornets nest here. "Can't we all just get along?"

Atlanta wrote :
Quote:
I think Native Americans got royaly screwed
Oh - like no body else ever got screwed in history, how about the christians in the Colusium ? Hey you ever heard about the salem witch trials - right here in A-merica. I don't think the Your-a-pee-on's were racist, it seems like they'd cook anybody up that ticked 'em off including their own kind....and don't tell anybody but I'll bet the native americans were killing each other to for sport and profit long before ol' Columbo (or whatever his name was) ever set a foot the continent.

Quote:
I think what Europeans did to them is one of the worst pieces of history.
Oh really - how soon we forget - what about 6 million jews - puff gone in a couple years, and that was only 60 years ago. How about Rwanda only a couple years ago. Or the wholesales slaughters in China, how about the Aztecs rounding up 'native americans' and cutting out their hearts while they were still alive, just for the fun of it - who'd you rather see appear in your village - Columbo or the Aztec goon squwad ? Think about that before you start trashing ol' whitey......... To think this way shows one is either not an astute student of history or totally brainwashed with political correctness, in either case there is much room available for improvement

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone or shot the first arrow.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:13 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
Yes it happened at the Kwatuknuk. The guy next to our booth was selling toy R.C. helicopters (made in china of course), and was flying them into peoples faces etc. The second time he hit me in the face with it I asked him to stop and he instantly went into a foul mouthed tirade at me and said for me to f**k o*f and go to h*ll. Well I abruptly left my booth for a half a minute to get a manager to deal with the guy and I thought my wife was right at the booth but I guess she wandered away to look at something. When we both returned to our table our cash box was gone including some customers checks. My wife is still devastated. We still can't find a small holiday bazaar for the weekend of the 24th but we are not giving up. We could find one if we're willing to drive out of the area for one but the fuel cost would use up most of the profit. The big shows book up many months in advance and the fees are getting outrageous. The little church bazaars and school gym holiday craft shows are often easy to get into at the last minute as there are often no-shows who leave a vacancy at the last minute. Anyway I hope you have a good thanksgiving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana