Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 11:00 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,130,092 times

Advertisements

Had a little "get-to-gether" after dinner time tonight with some "old-timers" from the Darby area and Sula. Quite a bit of one of the guy's "home brew" was consumed, and one fella in particular may have consumed "just-a-little-too-much". He got into a discussion re "wolves" with another fella who has been in the Valley just 7 years vs 56 years for the one who may have had just a little too much.

The discussion ended when the guy with 56 years in the Valley stood up and said in a loud voice: .." Ya know, I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass".

Sure was quiet for about 20 seconds......................then the table erupted in some "serious laughter".........and then another guy suggested we all have another "round of Brew".

All's well that ends well I guess................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,013,188 times
I went to college at MSU in the 70's. The drinking age was 18 so there were two kinds of bars...college and old fart. A couple of us college kids would stop in at an old fart bar once in a while because we knew at some point during the evening a bunch of rowdy college kids would show up and things would get quite entertaining. The first mistake the rowdy college kids would make is going into the poker room. It never seemed to dawn on the kids that the old farts had 40 or 50 years of experience playing poker. After losing all of their money and getting their egos bruised, the college kids would make a bigger mistake. They would pick a fight with the old farts. That is when they would also learn that the old farts had 40 or 50 years of experience in bar fighting and enjoyed a good bar fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: