Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 09:42 AM

606 posts, read 1,977,287 times

Advertisements

Not a ranch and not in the mountains!

Need a handyman and store/cafe help. Handy man needs to know basic wiring, plumbing, mechanics, and carpentry, and/or willing to learn. Store help needs to be friendly and upbeat, kitchen/cafe experience helpful. Age unimportant but common sense and initiative is essential! (If you've ever been fired for "too much initiative" you're a good candidate!)

Work will be in exchange for rent/power/electric (no heat, get propane!)/Internet with plenty of time off for fishing, hunting, exploring, possibly horseback riding too. There are local ranch work opportunities as well, if you prefer cash to recreation. If you get tipped you get to keep it. The potential for tips is real! Possibility for cash salary in the future. If the store succeeds YOU succeed!

Easygoing atmosphere, can be a bit windy at times. The usual requirements, no hardcore drugs, no hardcore politics, no hardcore religion (true believers and Nones welcome, as are people of other faiths or atheists!), no illegal activity, no violence, no aggressive pets, or vegans (you wouldn't like it here!). No bullies, abusers, narcissists, passive aggressives, bi-polars, complainers, negative Nellies or Debby downers! That goes for Nates and Donnies too! Apologies to positive Nellies, Debbies, Nates and Donnies that aren't depressed! And absolutely NO "KARENS!!!!" I am too old to put up with [REDACTED] and drama! I don't even put up with that from the local Sheriff!! Asshat! The deputy is nice though, I like him, good kid!

I don't care where you came from, what color you are, who or what you worship (as long as it's not money!), what political party you prefer, or if you have a disability (full disclosure please). Long haired freaky people and old hippies welcome as long as you meet the requirements in paragraph three. If you have a mental illness, stay on your meds or hit the road. (Cannabis is not a med without a prescription! if you smoke weed, tobacco, or vape, do it in your space, not mine. And spitting is gross, just sayin).

Your boss is an older (not too old!) single woman, ADHD, full-time caregiver for a family member, and an outgoing introvert. She tends to come across as "bossy," but I promise, she's just really focused! It doesn't have to be her way, but there there has to be fantastic reasoning before she'll let it be your way. She's not afraid of good debate but will fire your ass if you argue without empirical evidence! She also has MS and you may need to work a few more hours during a flair-up. She is also nice, appreciative, generous, loving, smart, easygoing, and a great cook, or so I've heard! If you become a threat to her or her family she will shoot your ass and call the sheriff/coroner to remove your body. Not kidding.

Year-round a possibility, and if you're an older single male and we hit it off, well, might go for permanent!

Seriously, this is a serious job offer. I need you ASAP! Oh, and all pets need to be spayed or neutered.

If you're interested, or on your way, call me and I'll tell you where I am! 208 (yeah, I briefly lived in Idaho!) 264-8305

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2024, 10:03 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymnsinger View Post

Need a handyman and store/cafe help. Handy man needs to know basic wiring, plumbing, mechanics, and carpentry, and/or willing to learn. Store help needs to be friendly and upbeat, kitchen/cafe experience helpful. Age unimportant but common sense and initiative is essential! (If you've ever been fired for "too much initiative" you're a good candidate!)

Work will be in exchange for rent/power/electric (no heat, get propane!)/Internet with plenty of time off for fishing, hunting, exploring, possibly horseback riding too. There are local ranch work opportunities as well, if you prefer cash to recreation. If you get tipped you get to keep it. The potential for tips is real! Possibility for cash salary in the future. If the store succeeds YOU succeed!

Easygoing atmosphere, can be a bit windy at times. The usual requirements, no hardcore drugs, no hardcore politics, no hardcore religion (true believers and Nones welcome, as are people of other faiths or atheists!), no illegal activity, no violence, no aggressive pets, or vegans (you wouldn't like it here!). No bullies, abusers, narcissists, passive aggressives, bi-polars, complainers, negative Nellies or Debby downers! That goes for Nates and Donnies too! Apologies to positive Nellies, Debbies, Nates and Donnies that aren't depressed! And absolutely NO "KARENS!!!!" I am too old to put up with [REDACTED] and drama! I don't even put up with that from the local Sheriff!! Asshat! The deputy is nice though, I like him, good kid!

I don't care where you came from, what color you are, who or what you worship (as long as it's not money!), what political party you prefer, or if you have a disability (full disclosure please). Long haired freaky people and old hippies welcome as long as you meet the requirements in paragraph three. If you have a mental illness, stay on your meds or hit the road. (Cannabis is not a med without a prescription! if you smoke weed, tobacco, or vape, do it in your space, not mine. And spitting is gross, just sayin).

Your boss is an older (not too old!) single woman, ADHD, full-time caregiver for a family member, and an outgoing introvert. She tends to come across as "bossy," but I promise, she's just really focused! It doesn't have to be her way, but there there has to be fantastic reasoning before she'll let it be your way. She's not afraid of good debate but will fire your ass if you argue without empirical evidence! She also has MS and you may need to work a few more hours during a flair-up. She is also nice, appreciative, generous, loving, smart, easygoing, and a great cook, or so I've heard! If you become a threat to her or her family she will shoot your ass and call the sheriff/coroner to remove your body. Not kidding.

Year-round a possibility, and if you're an older single male and we hit it off, well, might go for permanent!

Seriously, this is a serious job offer. I need you ASAP! Oh, and all pets need to be spayed or neutered.

If you're interested, or on your way, call me and I'll tell you where I am! 208 (yeah, I briefly lived in Idaho!) 264-8305

What part of Eastern Montana?
Kind of a large area.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:21 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Roughly how many hours you are looking for (10, 15, 20 or more per week?) will affect your chances of getting someone to agree to this... and pay income and social security taxes on the in-kind compensation or doing it under the table and risk committing a tax crime. May be some who will do it one way or another but expect negotiation on terms, beforehand and / or after. People who can get an equal or better deal above board, the normal way, will.

Offering just land access and a few utilities isn't much, especially seeking some trade skills.

Last edited by NW Crow; 03-16-2024 at 11:39 AM..

Old 03-16-2024, 11:23 AM

Default Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
What part of Eastern Montana?
Kind of a large area.

I'm a little leery of posting an exact location, but it's relatively near Jordan.

Old 03-16-2024, 11:40 AM

Default Win-Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Roughly how many hours you are looking for (10, 15, 20, 30 or more per week?) will affect your chances of getting someone to agree to this... and pay income and social security taxes on the in-kind compensation or doing it under the table and risk committing a tax crime. May be some who will do it one way or another but expect negotiation on terms, beforehand and / or after. People who can get an equal or better deal above board, the normal way, will.

Offering just land access and a few utilities isn't much, especially seeking some trade skills.

The living arrangement is a $1200 value and bartering is not committing a tax crime! Also, depending on the people/person hired, I can go to a salaried position, write them a check and just have them sign it back over to me for rent and expenses, taking out SS and UEI. I can give a person or family a place to live, work, and have outdoor fun in exchange for a few hours work. Win-win!

It's a nice place to be!

Old 03-16-2024, 12:13 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times

Prefer cash to recreation? It's a little more complex than that. Might want to explain how many hours of this unpaid work would be expected/required per week to exchange for rent/power/electric. 20? 30? 40? There are other necessities like the propane and food your worker(s) would still need to buy. They aren't free. In other words, how much time off will these folks have to go work somewhere else in order to buy them? People need to eat, and MT can be a cold place in the winter! Of course, if it's a couple one could work for you and the other work for $ elsewhere. Maybe what you want is a skilled retiree with retirement income.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-16-2024 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-16-2024, 12:15 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymnsinger View Post
I'm a little leery of posting an exact location, but it's relatively near Jordan.
Great area there neighbor!!

I'm in Golden Valley, but my parents had a place near Winnett for a while.
I've got a small ranch now since I retired, or I might consider your proposition.

Old 03-16-2024, 12:53 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Living arrangement is a $1200 value in your mind. The worker / tenant will make their own valuation estimate. At Montana minimum wage that would be <30 hours per week. A person thinking their labor is worth more and / or the living arrangement was worth less would translate it as worth fewer or way fewer hours as offered. And all hours of work and parts of one count to most people, a little here, a little there, whatever.

Bartering for work over $600 per year without proper tax compliance is considered a tax crime by the federal government and it might be for more than just the worker.

That was my input fwiw to readers and / or you.

Last edited by NW Crow; 03-16-2024 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-16-2024, 01:42 PM

1,663 posts, read 4,362,313 times
Sounds like something I'd be willing to go check out ... if I was still footloose and fancy-free.

I celebrate anybody who 'gets creative' in order to screw the IRS out of some tax revenue. Just one of many inept, bloated alphabet agencies that should be gutted and rebuilt.

Old 03-16-2024, 03:28 PM

It is what it is. Details will be worked out between the parties involved! I need help, and you need a place to live and work. If you're interested give me a jingle and lets talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana