Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:45 PM

214 posts, read 602,069 times

Advertisements

Wallgreens in Missoula just got knocked off for the third time. Didn't they find a suspect that was a college student?

Old 03-06-2009, 03:55 PM

989 posts, read 3,527,735 times
Trying to explain the gun culture to someone who has grown up thinking guns are bad is like trying to skin a porcupine in the dark, impossible! (besides, you're going to going to get poked and the porcupine isn't going to like it either)

Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,381,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
Ive never been comfortable with all the bashing thats done to outsiders on this board. I'm not saying thats what the OP is doing but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. Folks from some other place are outsiders only until they move here, then they are our friends and neighbors. If a city person moves next to me I'm going to treat them with kindness and respect just like I would anyone else. I just don't get all the hate we throw at them.

The nations population has been on a steady rise for a long long time, all these new people need somewhere to live. Montana people move to other states with a certain background and set of ideas, and folks from other states with their background and ideas move here. If you are a person with kids then you have contributed to this population problem that we are experiencing.

Now to be honest, I don't like folks moving in then ******ing about the smell of the dairy, or complaining about deer hunting or something; I also don't like it when I'm out on a young horse and people drive close to me going way too fast, but I understand that its normally just a matter of these new folks not knowing the local rules and customs. It takes time to adjust, I think we all just need to be open minded and not worry about whether or not people come here wearing berkinstocks, or driving Volvos and drinking $4 dollar a cup coffee. I just don't care about these things.
While the intent of the OP may be positive, it becomes strident to try to categorize people in detail. Most of us don't fit neatly into small boxes.
For example, my wife drives a 12 year old Volvo, but carts our hunting dogs around in it, often after they have retrieved ducks out of a scummy pond. So I guess she gets points against her because she drives a Volvo, but add back points because the car "smells like a dairy"? In addition, she has used the Volvo twice before for "deer hunting", with rather spectacular results to the grill and hood.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
From what I have gathered, if an out of stater wants to move to Montana, the larger cities in Montana might be the better bet.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:35 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
Trying to explain the gun culture to someone who has grown up thinking guns are bad is like trying to skin a porcupine in the dark, impossible! (besides, you're going to going to get poked and the porcupine isn't going to like it either)
Good post, can't rep ya, dang it. However the porcupine and the poking have me wondering, hummm.....

Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
From what I have gathered, if an out of stater wants to move to Montana, the larger cities in Montana might be the better bet.
I would not bet on that. I think that the pipe dreams that people invent because they see something in a movie have to be put aside. Life is what you make of it. Are you considering a move?

Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I would not bet on that. I think that the pipe dreams that people invent because they see something in a movie have to be put aside. Life is what you make of it. Are you considering a move?
I am just putting myself in the place of someone who would move. I have moved around so much that I have this soft spot for the out of stater. I am thinking about others who might consider a move.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:00 PM

88 posts, read 319,297 times
Default fabulous post - thank you

Thank you for pointing out that the lefts need to stay the heck out of a state that is doing just fine on its own. Sometimes I get so scared because they are moving in everywhere. It is my god given right to own a gun. They come in and want freakin starbucks on every cornor. Complain about the wildlife etc.

Anyway great and thanks for keeping it real.

Diane

Old 03-06-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I am just putting myself in the place of someone who would move. I have moved around so much that I have this soft spot for the out of stater. I am thinking about others who might consider a move.
I have lived in different areas also. I am here the "out of stater" Coming here I understand since I see the same trend from the west coast. Such is life.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:45 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,411,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
One way to not ruin Montana would be to not move here from Vermont and start telling folks how to dress, talk and act.
WooHoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana