Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:42 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,173,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin75 View Post
Why not? It's one of the official languages north of the border...and I've spoken to many people (Over the phone. At work.) who think that Montana is a Canadian province.
WHAT?!! Man code also dictates that you can't use french as a first language. If you understand any of it, it only means that some of the words are similar to the spanish that you picked up doing "stuff" in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 PM

8,094 posts, read 15,192,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
WHAT?!! Man code also dictates that you can't use french as a first language. If you understand any of it, it only means that some of the words are similar to the spanish that you picked up doing "stuff" in Mexico.
Well, you can use French if you're trying to seduce someone
"French sounds like a cat fight, German sounds like a man being choked to death, Spanish sounds like molasses gurgling out of a jug."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 PM

989 posts, read 3,530,767 times
Quote:
WHAT?!! Man code also dictates that you can't use french as a first language.
I'm afraid Timberwolf is right, man-code clearly dictates that French is not to be used by real men. As Reziac mentioned, you can use French if you're trying to seduce a woman, but even then its suppose to be limited to the bedroom, or wherever copulation is to take place.

After reviewing the man-code booklet that's given to new members on the first day, I found the rules pertaining to use of the French language. I quote, "The French language, being a 'non-manly' way of communicating, should be limited to bedroom use, and only if needed to score the home-run. If members violate this rule they're required to give themselves a paper cut on the tongue measuring at least 3/4 of an inch."

I think the rules are pretty clear on this one guys.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:56 PM

15 posts, read 28,756 times
Quote:
What sort of "stuff" are we talking about here? Mmm. Never mind. I don't fancy being an accomplice after the fact.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 AM

6,758 posts, read 8,602,544 times
I had to learn "Spanglish" in while doing stuff in Peurto Rico.

Certain phrases are essential like "freeo serveza" (cold beer) and "ban-yo" (bathroom) and "Las senioritas est muy calliente"

Old 10-08-2009, 11:49 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,192,474 times
Quote:
I think you meant, "French is similar to the stuff you picked up in Mexico". Here's your penicillin.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:38 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,173,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I think you meant, "French is similar to the stuff you picked up in Mexico". Here's your penicillin.
Too funny!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM

388 posts, read 856,896 times
Some just like the ingrogenous look. According to the How to be a megastar tour by the Blue Man group you need to mask your true boring self!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:08 PM

21 posts, read 92,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
I think there should be a "man-law" against this. Does anyone second my proposal?

BTW-- Man-law #248 says women cannot second a motion, you gotta be a man who drinks beer, watches football, and has at least two of the following:

1. Mud flaps with a naked woman on them.

2. A favorite sweatshirt that has a huge hole in it somewhere.

3. A scar that you like to show off at the most awkward times.

4. A gun in the back window of your truck.

5. A dog that will retrieve beer from the fridge.

You are excluded from the Man-club if you have at least two of the following:

1. More than one Barry Mantillo album.

2. Carry your girls purse.

3. Drink coolers (come on guys, this is chick beer!)

4. Wear pink or yellow.

5. Excuse yourself for breaking wind.

Now, who will second my motion to make a man-law against eyeliner so we can put this issue to rest?

So, in other words, Man-Law is equivalent to Hillbilly-Law? Sounds like a hillbilly to me.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:52 PM

989 posts, read 3,530,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofphx View Post
So, in other words, Man-Law is equivalent to Hillbilly-Law? Sounds like a hillbilly to me.
You are either a woman, or a man who wears eyeliner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana