Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 AM

13 posts, read 28,541 times

Advertisements

Anyone on here do this or know someone who does? My desired commute is from southeast island (Outremont, Westmount, arount Moint Royal) to Bombardier on Blvd Marcel Laurin. Seems like you have to somehow get through highways 40/15 and then over/under some rails. Is this even feasible?

I don't know where I'm going to live, actually. So an alternative question is, where is a good area for families (French schools ok) that has a reasonable bike commute to Bombardier on Marcel Laurin?

Also, anyone take the metro there? How long does it take from downtown plus walk from station?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 11:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertiman View Post
Anyone on here do this or know someone who does? My desired commute is from southeast island (Outremont, Westmount, arount Moint Royal) to Bombardier on Blvd Marcel Laurin. Seems like you have to somehow get through highways 40/15 and then over/under some rails. Is this even feasible?

I don't know where I'm going to live, actually. So an alternative question is, where is a good area for families (French schools ok) that has a reasonable bike commute to Bombardier on Marcel Laurin?

Also, anyone take the metro there? How long does it take from downtown plus walk from station?

thanks
Nearest metro station is Cote Vertu,transferring to a bus that takes you to within a 10 minute walk to the Bombardier area,it would be a good 45 minute walk from that station and add 20 minutes for the metro ride from downtown. closest walkable but more expensive option would be to live close to the Cote Vertu Shopping mall.
The plant is really in the east end of an airport thats totally surrounded by industrial park.

Biking there from St Laurent maybe possible but dangerous as there are no bike paths and i have no idea how you would cross highway 40 (Trans Canada Highway)
Looking at this map and following Cote Vertu blvd residential areas start east of Cavendish blvd
http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Rue...p=1&sz=16&z=14

Last edited by jambo101; 06-24-2011 at 11:20 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM

536 posts, read 1,429,474 times
Adding to jambo's advice, the 64 bus just outside the Cote-Vertu metro, north exit, goes along Grenet, with a stop at Poirier literally 2 minutes walking to Bombardier.

As far as biking from the areas you're talking, the best place to cross the 40 as far as I know, is taking Lucerne from Jean-Talon (in the TMR borough), which goes under the highway and becomes Ste-Croix near du Collège metro, one stop from Cote-Vertu. Mostly residential neighbourhoods, take Ste-Croix to Poirier, then take a left to Bombardier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal