Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 865 times

Advertisements

Hi. We're a young couple who just moved to the Westover area and would really appreciate some recommendations on who is good to use for professional and health services. There are very few reviews online or on Angie's List and the people we know are either renters, students, or haven't had any house problems.

He's what we are looking for:

- Plumbers, electricians, handymen, contractors: would prefer single-man or small operations. Cost of some of the big places like Hughart's is crazy versus what we paid in Beckley, WV. Right now, we need a pressure regulator installed and pipe to outside hose bib fixed. Tried DIY on the latter - not worth it since pipes were nonstandard probably due to pressure expansion.

- Healthcare: dentist, optical, general practitioner

- Any other recommendations of people to work with, places to go, where the good deals are, etc!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,101,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB123 View Post
Hi. We're a young couple who just moved to the Westover area and would really appreciate some recommendations on who is good to use for professional and health services. There are very few reviews online or on Angie's List and the people we know are either renters, students, or haven't had any house problems.

He's what we are looking for:

- Plumbers, electricians, handymen, contractors: would prefer single-man or small operations. Cost of some of the big places like Hughart's is crazy versus what we paid in Beckley, WV. Right now, we need a pressure regulator installed and pipe to outside hose bib fixed. Tried DIY on the latter - not worth it since pipes were nonstandard probably due to pressure expansion.

- Healthcare: dentist, optical, general practitioner

- Any other recommendations of people to work with, places to go, where the good deals are, etc!

Thanks!
Welcome to Morgantown. I'm a veteran, and use the VA for my general practioner so I can't help you much there. Right there in Westover is Dr. Guiliani, a dentist my wife and I have used, and he is excellent... friendly and cordial staff, and very professional.

Our neighbor is a contrator, and he recommended one of his workers who does work on the side to help with repairs. We've used him a couple of times and it worked out fine, but haven't needed a plumber to this point. Construction folks are working full time in this region due to the demand and projects going on virtually everywhere, so we have a bit of a short supply situation which leads to higher prices. My suggestion... look for a new housing construction project and stop by and ask those working there for their suggestions. You might well find one of them who will step up and say they will help you on their free time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown