Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:25 PM

456 posts, read 605,205 times

Advertisements

taco cabana was many a late night stop in my 20's in Dallas and the fact they had beer didn't hurt. taco bueno is much better then taco bell but like colt said they are mainly southwest. Bojangles is moving into southern west Virginia into Princeton, Beckley, Charleston and h\Huntington. Its only a matter of time for them and popeyes who are in the eastern panhandle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 11:05 PM

891 posts, read 1,057,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
taco cabana was many a late night stop in my 20's in Dallas and the fact they had beer didn't hurt. taco bueno is much better then taco bell but like colt said they are mainly southwest. Bojangles is moving into southern west Virginia into Princeton, Beckley, Charleston and h\Huntington. Its only a matter of time for them and popeyes who are in the eastern panhandle.
I always loved that you could see the tortillas being made inside behind the counter, those warm soft, chewy tortillas wrapped in foil.....And then, I think they did away with it, but they did or used to have breakfast tacos that were awesome to......I havent been to one since probably 2008.....

Good to know about Bojangles, never ate there but I would definitely try it....having only KFC is boring.....

Old 03-15-2016, 06:35 AM

671 posts, read 1,058,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
I always loved that you could see the tortillas being made inside behind the counter, those warm soft, chewy tortillas wrapped in foil.....And then, I think they did away with it, but they did or used to have breakfast tacos that were awesome to......I havent been to one since probably 2008.....

Good to know about Bojangles, never ate there but I would definitely try it....having only KFC is boring.....
Erm.. Soul Brothers and The Dirty Bird, both downtown. Support local business.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:37 AM

334 posts, read 496,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
Bojangles is moving into southern west Virginia into Princeton, Beckley, Charleston and h\Huntington. Its only a matter of time for them and popeyes who are in the eastern panhandle.
Goodness Bojangles is badly needed in Morgantown. Somewhere in the Gateway would be perfect. Why can't this happen?????

Old 03-15-2016, 06:58 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,234,465 times
Love Bojangles, they put something in their breading that gives it an extra zing and seems crunchier. Also their biscuits are by far the best as long as they are fresh. I always make sure to stop at one when I drive to GA.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:07 AM

193 posts, read 282,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Erm.. Soul Brothers and The Dirty Bird, both downtown. Support local business.
I'm all for local businesses and I support many. Tailpipes, Chaang Thai, Dirty Bird, Atomic Grill, etc.

For many though downtown Morgantown is not always convenient and places like Dirty Bird only has about 5 tables. I work in Sabraton and if the wife calls and asks me to stop and pickup dinner on the way home I'm not driving into a gridlocked downtown and try to find a place to park to pick up soul brothers food. I think the stuff is great but it's not always convenient. I know it's cost prohibitive but I'd love to see a small business locate to a convienent area. Sort of like what Pizza Als is doing at University town center.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:46 PM

3 posts, read 6,976 times
seems pretty confirmed about Popeye's now. This release has just been issued to media (as in today). Doesn't mention Morgantown/Sabraton, but connect the dots:

Moderator cut: please read our terms of service, stop re-posting whole article and wait with posting links until you have at least 10 posts

Last edited by Yac; 04-06-2016 at 03:04 AM..

Old 06-20-2016, 08:20 AM

Default Restaurants Around Morgantown

This writer from the WV gazette mail went to over 7 towns/cities across the state and spent 2-3 days in each town trying their food. Before some screams bias that Morgantown won, the guy is a Marshall grad and lives near Charleston and coming into said he did not expect Morgantown to come anywhere near the top of the pack. He gives a pretty great over view of some of the unique places we have to eat in town.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/life-fo...he-tastiest-is-

Old 06-20-2016, 12:03 PM

891 posts, read 1,057,154 times
Bad link man....

Old 06-20-2016, 01:02 PM

Whoops, looks like they changed the link. Sorry about that.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/life-fo...he-tastiest-is-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown